Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:51:35 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  Task Board (Moderator: Mela Arkay)
| | | |-+  Pointed Arrows and Feathered Hats
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pointed Arrows and Feathered Hats  (Read 1656 times)
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2006, 03:04:26 am »

Larten the hunter stomped his foot in a tantrum as yet another feather on his arrow was ragged coarse. "Those dammed guardsmen couldn't make arrows for the life of them! Burn them all I say." He wailed as he began rummaging through his quiver again.

Good afternoon Lady's and Gents!

As you all know we have a fair handful of archers in the Army and also out! We're needing quality feathers and we're needing them fast.

Task:
Slay a handful of stoneharpys for their tough but beautiful feathers. We require around 20000 of them.

Notes:
Anyone who can use a weapon may do this task.
You may take others to do the task with you.
The feathers must be from stone harpys.
This doesn't have to be completed by the same person.
Feathers are to be put on the pile on the scouts tower's steps.

Restrictions:
  • You must do a report as proof.
  • This Report must contain at least 2 sketches.

Task type:
Collection based.

Collected so far:

Scout Corporal,
Mela.E.Arkay
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 11:36:42 am by Mela Arkay » Logged

Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 04:42:09 am »

Yesterday evening I thought I would complete the easy task of acquiring feathers from stone harpies.
Well it turned out to be a lesson for me of the virtue humility. Well I thought the very home of the harpies in Ilshenar would be a perfect place to get those feathers.
And again it always pays to be prepared for any mission or quest. As I was force marching towards the harpy nest I suddenly realized I forgot to take a blade with me to cut out the feathers!

*politely asks a bone knight for a blade*

Well after the bone knight was so kind giving me a blade, I managed to slay a stone harpy easily only realizing it was not so easy getting the feathers.

The stone harpy children trying to prevent me of getting their mothers feathers

Well I did manage to get the feathers but then from the distance I noticed a strange glow.
How surprised I was and how fortunate! A golden stone harpy! this one should really nice feathers. But my test in prepareness and humility continued.
With strickeness I noticed I was down to 30 bolts! How paradox to fight  this mighty creature for his feathers that would make fine hard bolts and to realize I was almost out of ammunition.
While this creature was tearing up my armor to reach the soft human flesh and me praying for every shot I fired wont miss, I suddenly got an answer to my prayers.
Out of nowwhere appeared a group of Pixies lead by Os!

Together we did slay the golden colored Harpy. With gratitude and bleading wounds I thanked these little fairy's

With the blade the bone knight kindly gave me I cut out the feathers

To end this story I was a bit surprised what greeted me when I came to the barracks!

All in all I managed to get the 300 feathers from stone Harpy and 50 feathers from from this one Harpy that was visiting our barracks

*signed* Guardsman Recruit Falconheart
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 05:22:08 am by Falconheart » Logged

I work at a place with 2400 MW's of pure power
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length