Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 09:01:28 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Commander's Report
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Commander's Report  (Read 3339 times)
Gregor Eason
« on: December 24, 2004, 01:24:09 am »

Commander's Report - Date of Log: Thursday, 24th December 2004.
This evening the Baronship of Cove attended the Yew Festive Fayre; we would go with high spirits and enjoy the season's festivity. However, little did we no that we were bound to no ease of such story...

For travelling to the Fayre in Yew we were to meet at the Cove Barracks at the time of 7.45pm GMT. Upon arrival I was happy to see Baron Octiovus, but no other. Soon Tavernkeeper Dellamona appeared, as did Sergeant Shadwell. The Baronship community made its way to Yew in dribs and drabs, but eventually had a fine turnout at the Fayre.

The Fayre was only just starting, and some traders were beginning to set up their stalls. Dellamona and myself saw that the Baronship Sweet stall was commissioned, at which point it began to snow down on the Stonekeep settlement (Stonekeep being the host of the Fayre). I was most pleased to notice that many of the Baronship had decided to wear festive clothing of red and green, and were the only Fayre-goers to do so!

Not before long, the entire Stonekeep settlement was covered in snow, and the stall Della and I had set up was bringing in business. Other stalls around consisted of books, finely tailored wares, weapons, and supplies.

The stall started to run low on stock so Della departed to collect more of her goods from the oven bakery in Britain, and in her absence I tended to the customers. However, it soon became noticeable that there were sinister men and women about, causing havoc. Soon, word came to my ears that our very own Baron Octiovus had just survived an assassination attempt at the Fayre! Sergeant Shadwell took it upon himself to alert the Yew guardsmen patrolling the Fayre, and to see that Justice was done.
As business went on, the disreptuable shadows began to taunt Baronship folk and attempt again at the Baron's life. However, the quick reflexes of Sergeant Shadwell and other Covian guardsmen nearby saw that the Baron was not seriously harmed.
(Note: I look to the Sergeant to provide further details on these assassination attempts for the report).

As the Fayre drew to a close it became increasingly more obvious that Stonekeep was not safe; not even the legendary guardsmen of Yew could seek out and capture unfriendly forces. The protection of Baron Octiovus, and our new Noble only recently moving to Cove, Lord Estbury, became our primary objective. An eve of festivity was turned into an eve of sworn duty to protect Baron and Lord.

We patrolled out of Stonekeep and toward the Yew moongate. Fine scouting by Recruit Gryphonclaw showed that along the way we were being followed, and soon, were under attack. Our efforts to enter the moongate and reach Minoc unscathed were thwarted. Assassins revealed themselves from the shadows and made attempts on Baron Octiovus' and Lord Estbury's lives. The strength of the Cove Militia repelled the attacks, but our force became divided into two - and somewhat lop sided also.

Following many skirmishes with the assassins, the Covian force passed over to Minoc moongate and made a quick march back to the Cove Barracks, where a better defence could be made.

Guardsmen waited in suspense, unsure when the assassins would strike and how, and even whether they would attack at all. After many minutes of waiting, I ordered the men to stand down.

The evening began to wind down; much had happened. The Baron asked that the guardsmen go upstairs to the roof, where he would address them before dismissal. Baron Octiovus spoke briefly on matters at hand; how Enemies lurk even in foreign communities. But it seems fresh Enemies were much closer at hand...
Drums began to beat around the Covian stronghold. Orc war cries were heard. Huge Brutes appeared as if from nowhere, dragging an army of Bombers with them! Cove Barracks was under attack.

Militia archers rained down arrow upon arrow onto the Orc assault party. The stronghold provided us with some protection, but soon the Enemy force had scaled our walls and were inside...

Each guardsman fought bravely and, though the opponent was hard, the battle was won. However, the appearance of a stranger startled the guardsmen. He wore a dark robe, with golden lining and had this message to pass on...

Only a few words more were said by the mysterious presence, and at that, he left. Still in disbelief... the guardsmen stood around, and looked at eachother. Confused and surprised faces were all that could be seen.. But one thing could be made certain by the guardsmen; Cove would be free soon. Cove will be free soon...

Victory shall be ours!
Commander Eason

« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 03:40:34 am by Gregor Eason » Logged
Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 02:35:33 pm »

Aye, well! I was talkin' with Sir Thomas when this lass suddenly pulled out an dagger and poisoned our fair Noble. The Guardsmen jumped on her but somehow (Perhaps she has super natural power mh?) escaped. Later on I found out that she's one of 'em Dark Order slackers. Nothin' but trouble them "mercs" somehow I doubt they get payed much as recent attacks seemed rather unorganised.

Anyways, later on I went arround the keep with one of em Besiegers and we rooted out all Drows and other spawn but nay found the lass...! Ofcourse later on she got some friends and tried to attack our Cove party! But hah! When united we don't fall.
Also when returning to Cove I shot one of em wytches right in the back and he fell. Searched his belongings and beneath his black robes he was wearin' the Britannia Guard Blue!
Indeed a hint to a possible employer?

*neatly signed*

Shadwell
Sergeant of Cove.

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length