Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 10:02:13 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Arel Mortan: Watchman Trials
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Arel Mortan: Watchman Trials  (Read 3311 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 16, 2007, 01:52:25 pm »

Raiden smiled to himself as he read Arel's file. So the deaf and mute girl no-one had given a chance had dragged herself up against all the odds eh.

He'd never doubted she would. Rarely had he seen such determination and he had little doubt too that she would not be long out of the bronze arms of the Grenadiers.

Arel Mortan - Watchman Trials

Task One - Effective Communication In Combat

To display your leadership and to once again prove you can overcome the barriers put up in your way you will lead a hunt to a location of your choice and see that your orders, whether by hand signal or bellow are followed to the letter.

Conditions:

Before you embark on your mission you will brief the party on various hand signals you may use and orders you may give. We have many new recruits who may not be familiar with such signals... Make sure they know a "form" from a "withdraw".

Collect at least 15,000 coins on your hunt and distribute the loot as you see fit upon your return.

At least 4 other guardsmen must join you on this hunt.

Task Two - Recruitment

If you are to become a Junior Guardsman that means we have one less Watchman. We need to bolster the ranks from the bottom up.

Head out to towns, portals, banks, shops and any other places visited by adventurers and lay recruitment banners.

Conditions:

Lay at least 20 banners throughout our lands (Europa).

Lay another 20 banners (2 sets of 10) in far off lands (otherworldly - Catskills, Atlantic etc. etc.)

Task Three - Security

Cove must be kept safe and guardsmen kept busy. As an aspiring Grenadier state security will be high on your list of priorities.

You will lead a series of patrols and construct and man a sentry post.

Conditions:

You will lead a patrol to clear the Covian graveyard.

Then you will construct a sentry post at the Covian gates and man it for at least 20 minutes. Send a patrol into town to see all is well and keep the guardsmen attending entertained.

When you break sentry lead a patrol to the orc fort. Cut their numbers some and slay at least 2 orc brutes.

At least 4 other guardsmen must join you in these duties.

Post full reports including sketches of each task below.

Good luck Watchman.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 07:41:59 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Arel Mortan
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 08:11:00 pm »

So, my Trials began with "Task 2: Recruitment", and here is what I did, Captain.

I first laid my twenty banners throughout our lands. Here are the sketches of the longest run of banners I have ever done:

...And then I laid banners throughout some far off lands... My own recruitment leaflet was written to improve the standards of my work and my report. Here are some sketches of my banners and the books to go with it:

...And then some MORE far off lands, which were too quiet to even think. I doubt we'll get many recruits from there, Sir. Or maybe they were just asleep at that hour?

...And then a nice hot mug of tea was in order from the Green Goblin.

My banners hopefully attracted some attention from potential recruits. I have done my best.

I hope this is sufficient, Captain Morana, Sir. I tried my best, and a sketch of each banner I placed has been verified.

*Signed Neatly*
Arel Mortan, Watchwoman

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 09:37:39 pm »

Raiden nodded as he read the report smiling to himself.

Well done lass.

A grand start to yer trials.

*signed*

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Arel Mortan
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 11:39:19 pm »

Task Three - Security

For my third task, I was requested to lead two patrols and a sentry, in a specific order. The order was that I was to patrol the graveyard, then produce a sentry outside Cove gates. After these measures of security, to prove myself worthy of the Covian Cap, I was requested to travel to the Orc Fort and clear the beasts out.

Here are my sketches to show the process and procedures that were taken, which took over an hour. They show the patrol of the graveyard, followed by a sentry, and then finally another patrol, but to the Orc Fort.

The guardsmen in attendance were as follows:

Arel Mortan, Watchwoman (Leading)
Hoagie Grayner, Dragoon Sergeant
Graem Carcer, Drill Instructor
Thomas Scarr, Watchman

On these taks, over seven thousand coins were collected and dispersed accordingly. I tried my best to conduct the guardsmen with their actions, but obviously found certain sections a little tasking. During the sentry, we all entertained each other with some not-so-pleasant jokes, which I assume can be classed as "entertainment" during the sentry, as you asked for. We had cut the logs and gathered the hides ourselves. Our sentry was quite small, but big enough for such a small amount of people to man.

We only fell once - This was when a big lich decided to blast us all off-guard. Both the Sergeant and the Instructor were a great help during these tasks, and were exceedingly patient with me.

I hope this report of Task Two is feasable, Captain Morana.

*Signed Neatly*
Arel Mortan, Watchwoman

[OOC: Sorry that the pictures have been made smaller. They were being terrible for uploading. I think they're just about readable, though. I took too many. Got carried away. /OOC]

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 08:04:57 am »

Well done Arel.

Patrols and sentry duties are vital for Covian security.

The Covian Cap is within reach lass, show 'em what ye can do!

*signed*

Arel Mortan
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 11:03:02 pm »

Task One

Ploughing through Coveteous

Led by:
 Arel Mortan

Attending Guardsmen:
Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
Beregoth, Guardsman Recruit
Justice, Guardsman Recruit
Jon Trent, Watchman

As you can see here, the guardsmen (and woman) lined up outside the barracks on my specially made Covian Banner. They were handed my trusty Militarty Signing Manuals, which they were to abide by during the hunt. We went through the particular things that were required of them and the simple orders. Forming up, Readying arms, Easing themselves, Arming Up, Targetting and Charging etc.

We then acquired a portal from Recruit Justice, who took us to Coveteous. I then tried out the basic commands from the book in combat. We slayed different kinds of beasts, gathering a considerable amount of gold from them. We all ended up getting stuck in various traps around the place, and Justice kept getting her feet stuck in the mud. Same went for the Civilian who also joined us with her wolf.

A considerable amount of gold was collected in this task, which I shall discuss with you as soon as I set my quill down.

The guardsmen were taught how to follow lead with someone who has impaired abilities such as myself, and they did so rather effectively. I hope those books come in use in the near future. Just as an aside note, we appear to have a slight Orc problem arising. A few appeared as westepped back through the portal to Cove, and they managed to beat most of us down. Perhaps they need a bit of a seeing to, Sir?

I hope this report is acceptable for the Cap, Cap'n!

*Signed Neatly*
Arel Mortan, Watchman

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 11:21:18 pm »

Damn fine work Arel, you have earned the Cap indeed!

Now fer yer Grenadier Trials!

Good work lass, good work indeed.

*signed*

Justice Forum
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 07:36:57 pm »

Yes great fun and nice to meet you arel

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length