Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 09:29:13 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  Events Board
| | |-+  Old Events (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | | |-+  Trinsic's Library and Official Contest Rules
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trinsic's Library and Official Contest Rules  (Read 1422 times)
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2008, 01:09:41 am »

Hello to everyone across the lands!

The Grand Opening of Trinsic's new Library was a great success. I'd like to personally thank everyone that was able to make the event, and everyone that has made donations. I appreciate everyone’s support and help, and couldn't have asked for more.

Our contest was officially announced at the Grand Opening, and I'd like everyone that wishes to enter to do so. The rules so far are simple. It's a story-writing contest. You may enter any story or poem, or even a collection of poems that you wish. They may be of events that have actually happened to you, or completely made up. The only real rule is to have fun! For our first of what I hope to be many contests, there is not a specific theme, but it must be a story or poem, and not historical or knowledge based. We will still happily take such books as donations; they just will not be entered in the official contest.

There will be cash prizes handed out to First and Second place winners, and the top three winners will be displayed at the library.

Judges for this contest shall be The Duke of Trinsic, Stewan Seagull, and myself. For reasons of fairness, judges may not enter the contest, but relatives of the judges may feel free to enter. We promise to keep the judging fair.

Again, thank you all, and I look forward to reading everyone’s entries!

Library Caretaker,
Vera

(OOC information)
As the contest is open not only to the citizens of Trinsic, but our allied guilds, and those guilds we are at "war" with, we are lacking a security setting that applies to all guilds. Thus the little green box on the third floor for donations is set to anyone. Now, I myself am very new to this shard, and so far have been very very pleased and impressed at the respect and honesty everyone shows (that doesn't exist on other shards I assure you). But, in the interest of keeping your entries safe and making sure nothing happens to them, please ICQ me or Michael Hawk once you have dropped off your entry so that one of can move it to a secure box as quickly as possible. Please also include in your ICQ the title of your book, so that we can keep track of official entries as opposed to donated books that we can go ahead and display in the Library. My ICQ: 220-056-294 (my name is Severn on ICQ) and Michaels ICQ is: 441-049-714.

And in fairness, Judges may not enter any story from any of their characters. I plan to have different judges each contest, so everyone has a chance to enter at any given time, myself included. For those wondering, yes, you may enter stories from multiple characters should you decide to (judges excluded of course). The main goal other than having fun this go round is to increase our collection of stories. However, I do need to know if you yourself have entered stories from multiple characters, as I don't want to risk one person winning first, second and third place. For those that enter multiple times, the judges will vote on the one we like best and from there vote on the winners.

Please also keep in mind; this contest is work in progress. Future contests are likely to have more rules, themes, etc, depending on how things go now. And any ideas or suggestions anyone has, are always welcome. Thank you for your time and again, thank you to everyone that has offered such wonderful support and help!

Vera

Hello again everyone

It seems this past week has been rather busy for everyone, far to busy for story writing, so the Trinsic Library is extending it's contest for another week. Entries may be turned in any time between now and next Saturday. Again, all are welcome to enter the contest.

I had hoped to surprise the winners after the judging, but it seems a little motivation is also in order. The grand prize first place winner shall receive a full one million gold. Second place shall receive half a million. And we shall go ahead an award third place with a quarter of a million gold.

I look forward to all the entries!

Library Caretaker,
Vera

(OOC)
Entries are due no later than 4-26-08 at 3 pm central standard time (I'm in Texas), making it 9 pm for most on the shard I believe.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 01:41:40 am by Takeamada » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length