Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:36:32 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | |-+  Amon Jarl - Burgher To Noble
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Amon Jarl - Burgher To Noble  (Read 1976 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2008, 08:15:17 pm »

Having amassed enough shillings to advance myself into the land's nobility, the powers that be in our fair town charged me with the task of organising, advertising and hosting a joint market with the people of Trinsic and my fellow Covians, to be held within our recently liberated city walls.

My first task was to arrange some entertainment for those visiting the market so i contacted a lovely elven lady by the name of Gwen (not Miss Irima as I, in my ignorance adressed her as at the market), who runs the famed Trinsic Rose Tavern and she was more than happy to supply refreshments.

I next contacted our very own Miss Masteen, who agreed to supply some fancy decorations in the way of small fountain spas for the marketplace as well as holding a raffle for a marvelous food hamper.

Market advertisment poster.

The entertainment having been arranged next on the agenda was advertisment of the event. I devised a poster which was placed in every town in the land as well as being distributed by pigeon post. The poster which can be seen above, encouraged merchants to contact me with regard to renting stalls and selling their wares, as well as encouraging all of Sosaria's fair folk to attend the event to grab a bargain and enjoy the fun.

Various traders from Trinsic and Skara Brae amongst other places replied to the poster campaign and everything seemed set for a cracking event. I also caught word that the Baron's cousin would be arriving to sample the market as well as Duke Irvyn from Trinsic, so organisation had to be of the highest standard.

I arrived early in Cove on the eve of the market and set up the bar and refreshment area for Miss Gwen of the Rose as well as stacking tables and stools for use by anyone who may need them. I also placed some Covian banners at the city gates to remind our visitors just where they were.

From setting up to bustling market.

Merchants from Skara Brae, Trinsic and the famed Stirling & Kendall Trading Company arrived and set up their stalls. Miss Masteen and I were so caught up in meeting and greeting folk that we had almost forgot to set our own stalls up. Fortunately we managed to get a decent pitch near the guard house.

Stalls set up and merchants hawking their wares, it wasn't too long before the marketplace was in full swing with the hustle and bustle expected of such an occasion. Everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time and I lost count of the thanks and compliments I received.

The market in full swing!

Axiana sold her raffle tickets and I fashioned a bright blue silk waistcoat for the Duke of Trinsic as the market got busier and busier. Goods were bought and sold. Refreshments paid for and drank. Pockets picked and cutpurses chased by guards.

Unfortunately I was unable to get a brief audience with the Baron's cousin, but no doubt that will happen later, so with the market winding down Sergeant Hoagie was declared winner of the raffle and merchants packed up their stalls.

I hope the occasion was enjoyed by all and I hope that this fulfills my obligations with regard to my rise to the nobility.

*Signed flamboyantly*

Amon Jarl, Burgher.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 10:28:46 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 12:24:47 pm »

Amon Jarl ~ Burgher Trial completed.  Awarded 100 Shillings.  Documents of Nobility will be available for collection in one week.

Axiana Masteen
~ Awarded 50 Shillings.

*signed and stamped On behalf of the Civilian Authorities*
Eve, Grenadier Corporal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length