Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 07:52:47 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  In Search Of Drow
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: In Search Of Drow  (Read 1269 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 18, 2009, 01:44:24 pm »

Led by:

Raiden, Commander.

Attended by:

Hoagie, Sergeant.
Kas Valentine, Company Arcanist.
Torrak Keres, Company Skirmisher.
Mercy, Company Arcanist.
Perrin, Mercenary.
Tyrael, Mercenary.
Ludwik Bloodaxe, Mercenary.

After The Company had returned a captured Waywatcher to Stonekeep earlier in the day we once again made our way westward to Yew. With the Yewish being known Drow sympathisers, the House D'Gar inparticular, it was the natural place to start our investigations into Kyte's kidnapping and torture.

Kyte had stumbled into the barracks Sunday eve after parade. His back cut to ribbons from a severe flogging and his chest blackened and burnt from branding. He had remembered little from his ordeal, only that his captors were Drow and that one of them was named Siren.

The Company marched through a deserted Keep, only rousing a few Yewlanders from their slumber as they formed line outside the tavern. Now most of the Yewish at least have some redeeming features, mostly the women but even the likes of Walker and Blart have some sense of honour, albeit twisted and self serving. However the guard Madsen has none of the above and he seemed intent on causing trouble from the off with Trainees who probably knew no better eager to assist. To their credit the men and women under my command kept their discipline and good order despite the Yewlander's blatant provocation.

I spoke with the Besieger Corporal with regard to Yew's Drow sympathies and to enquire after the whereabouts of their halfbreed heiress and her mother so that I may speak with them in the hope of gaining information about Kyte's attackers.

No sooner had the words left my mouth did Lady D'Gar step from the shadows of the Citadel. A little abashed at the harshness of my words I asked if she would grant me an audience. She invited me into the Citadel, it seems even Drow have better manners than Madsen, and I began to seek knowledge of her kinfolk.

Lady D'Gar knew not of any Drow strongholds having spent much of the recent past living in Stonekeep, she knew only that Trinsic is the only city where Drow may roam freely. The name Kyte had remembered from his ordeal did however ring a bell with her. Siren according to Lady D'Gar is a follower of Vierna. So we have a lead...

I have my spies and Vierna's stronghold shouldn't be hard to track down. She'll rue the day she crossed The Company.

I thanked Larynda for her help and made my way back to the tavern where Madsen yet again was trying to start trouble. He really is tedious and indeed talentless. I mean, no-one could be so unlucky as to be as ugly and as dumb as he appears. Now ugliness you can't fake but he's not so dumb as to not know what he's doing.

The Company again did not rise to his petty taunts but as I gave the order to move out the bastard butted me, splitting my brow. I reeled back against the tavern door, blood blinding me, though I still managed to drop him with a vicious kick to the balls.

He sagged, winded but still he tried to assault me. I asked Walker to control his men, only for him to tell me that he couldn't enforce his will on individuals or some crap... Never thought I'd see the day when a Besieger Corporal couldn't control those under his command. Indiscipline and apathy, Yew really is going to the dogs.

We lined up outside where Madsen still yapped on at us like some insane mongrel. Far from impressed by the Yewlanders hospitality and with The Company having captured three Yewish spies within Covian borders during the last week alone I told the few Yewlanders assembled that if we captured a fourth they would be hung from the nearest tree.

If that's the way they want to play it then fair enough.

We then moved out in good order and returned to Cove. At least some warriors on display this eve showed discipline and class and they nay wore the colours of Yew.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length