Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 06:24:11 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Spy Apprehended, Removed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Spy Apprehended, Removed  (Read 1630 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2009, 02:18:31 am »

Spy Apprehended, Removed!

Leading: Torrak Keres, Mercenary Skirmisher
Attending: Kas Valentine, Veteran Mercenary Arcanist
                Jon Trent, Mercenary
                Delferium, Mercenary
                Mercey, Mercenary Arcanist
                Leander Le Blanc, Mercenary Recruit
                Thomas Deburg, Mercenary Recruit

Captured: "Karne Kaball", Waywatcher of unknown rank
- Note: We have reason to believe he lied about his name.

During a routine parade and battle drill on the barracks rooftop, some of the men mentioned seeing someone watching us from the roof of the library. When I looked over myself, I distinctly saw someone peering over some plants and watching us train. Hoping we were out of earshot of the person, I ordered the men to quickly run down the stairs and secure the doors of the Library. We stormed the building and apprehended the suspect - now revealed to be a Yewish Waywatcher - without a struggle, relieved him of his weapons, and marched him to the barracks for interrogation.

Basic questioning revealed that his name was, according to him, Karne Kaball, and his mother's name Wilmer (Obviously a man's name, but it -is- Yew). He claimed that he had been in the library to find a book, but was unable to adequately explain his presence on the roof, so we charged him with espionage. When it was pointed out that the Church has yet to lift its ban on access to the Library, we decided it would be best to brand the man for wytchcraft.

We branded one hand with an "S" for spying, one with an "A" for wytchcraft, and stuffed coal in his mouth as punishment for lieing to us. We then untied him and carried him to Yew, where we handed him over to the Yewish Church as a Wytch. Hopefully they'll burn him, but in any case he wont be using his hands for a while.

We informed the handfull of militia there of what he'd done, and issued the following warning;

There have been three Waywatchers caught spying on Cove just this month. If we catch another, we would be forced to torture and kill them.

Safe in the knowledge that the Waywatcher was likely doomed, we returned to Cove for drinks.

Waywatchers: 1
The Keres: 3

*signed*
Torrak Keres, Counterspy Extraordinaire, Company Skirmisher

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 10:47:22 am »

Good work.

Woe betide the next Waywatcher to fall into Company hands.

They'll be swinging from the nearest tree!

*furrows his brow a little*

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 03:57:13 pm »

It should be noted that Army Records, Dusty as they may be show a clear withdrawel of all forclosures to Covian property upon their Sudden departure for the Southern Contenent, this man was likley no Wytch but a branding is rather fun and I do not lament his suffering. For future reference, do not brand anyone else. . . .

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length