Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 10:42:18 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Church Defiled
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Church Defiled  (Read 2115 times)
Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2009, 02:58:14 am »

Leading: Buttons, Mercenary
Guardsman in attendance:
Leander Leblar, Company arcanist
Thomas Aylmer, Recruit
Mathew-Something, Recruit
Pickle, Officer Cadet(For the first bit)

Some Friar(?)

Three decayed bodies were found inside of the church, laying around the alter. The bodies were dragged away and "disposed of" promptly.. However there was the issue of cleaning up the brownish-red substance which was at first believed to be blood, then proven to be some sort of mud.

*Shifty eyes*

And then, another problem arose. The bodies were apparently dug up from the three graves in the church's court. The graves were left for a church member or a member of command to examine. Mops and sponges were gathered from the barracks, wetted in the sea and used to clean up the muddy mess in the church.

After a spectacular clean up, I'm known for such, we organized a retaliation against the undead. Dealin' with recruits as rubbish as the ones I had, t'was hard bu' the job was completed. We killed a few liches and some deadies, and blew up th' steps t' their shrine.

The men were dismissed. Then.. As we headed upstairs..  A heart impaled on an upside-down ankh was found in the middle of the room.. It was disposed of aswell...

THEN.. As I was headin' t' get a drink before ah finished this report up.. A pentagram, drawn in blood was found in the church. I bravely mopped it up and returned.

It is currently unknown who the culprit is. Undead and orcs seem to be unlikely, perhaps lone vandals? Regardless, security must be increased! Sentry at the church! Tomorrow night!

Sketches provided by Leblar, the only useful person on my team.

Gold collected ~ 4250

*Signed*
Buttons, Mercenary

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Leander
Arcanist
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

Le BLAAAAH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 04:04:32 am »

*Subjoins a ton of sketches to Buttons report*

'Twas a most serious crime we witnessed today. May the light of Avatar guide us.

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 10:14:41 pm »

*The post is continued at the bottom*

Tuesday, May 5 -

The church has been defiled further. Grimy, filthy and putrid smelling substance has been spread about in the church. The mess was thick and murky, and blue with a disgusting smell. It was mopped up and the church was cleaned out. Due to lack of useful men, no further action could be taken to protect the church.

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 01:25:53 am »

Wednesday, May 6 -

I am afraid further action need be taken to protect the church. We need far more people at the time of 11pm - 12pm, for the attacks have increased severely...

Tonight, myself and Thomas Aylmer, recruit were on stake-out in the church. We were concealed inside, waiting for the vandals to return where we would apprehend them as they walked in. However, tragedy struck tonight when we smelt the smoke. The church's main doors were blocked off and were being set fire to. To escape, our only choice was to escape through the stained glass windows in the church.

It was then revealed to us the source of the fire was orcs, two of them. They were looking for the recruit. We fell back and attempted to hide Aylmer but were unsuccessful. We then began to skirmish the orcs, now there were three. We brought down one of them but sadly I was stopped by a "friendly fire" incident...

I crawled away from the brawl to safety where I rapped up my leg. The recruit and the orcs were gone by then but the church still on fire. I put it out to the best of my ability and immediately wrote this report.

They've nay only attacked the church now, they've also kidnapped another recruit. Something must be done...

*Signed*
Buttons, Mercenary

(OOC: The front of the church, mainly the doors is now blackened by the fire and the plants burnt up. The two stained glass windows beside the first two pews on the West side of the church are broken)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length