Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2024, 06:24:37 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Goin' on Vacation, AGAIN!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Goin' on Vacation, AGAIN!  (Read 2365 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2009, 05:43:55 am »

Right, this time I'm off to the beach for a week. I'm leaving this coming Saturday, and I'll be back on the following Saturday. I'll try and write certain people's trials and such in the morning, but what I dont get done'll have to be handled by the rest of Command.  Tongue

I may or may not be able to check the boards while I'm at the Beach - not sure if I want to, though. Spent most of the Alaska trip worrying about the guild, may just collapse on the beach and sleep for a few days.

Back before you know it!

- Keres

P.S.: Rita!!!! Get promoted t'Watchman, then do the Trials I'm 'bout to write you! I want to see a new Grenadier next weekend!  Grin

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 08:02:45 am »

Have a good one chief !

In fact, have five. Kiss

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 08:54:27 am »

Have fun matey!

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 03:00:28 pm »

Keres, your fired... all these holidays are terrible...

Enjoy it Smiley

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 09:36:10 pm »

Ghuh, didnt get to write any Trials last night. Computer died like five seconds after I posted.

Railen Morana
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 11:07:48 pm »

Doh, isnt that always the way!
Youre at your busiest, rushing to get everthing done then...BLAMO...no connection.

Hope you have a great time, and Im jealous. My vacations lately have consisted of working Pirate Fest and taking care of my mum after cateract surgery. One day Ill take a real one, and fly out to Southern Netherlands to see one of my bests friend there!

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 06:05:11 am »

Thank Avatar for people who dont password protect their wireless internets. If only  had UO on this laptop I could get in game...! Anyhow, bit of an update;

I've been getting up at 6:00am every day and building elaborate sandcastles (including a rough replica of Stonekeep), then digging canals to the surf and letting the waves slowly erode their foundations until they crumble into the sea. Takes about 6 hours of nonstop digging. Luckily, I brought an old WW2 Entrenching Tool - which sand flees at the sight of.

After this, I stumble back to the cottage, grab something to eat, then generally sit around until about 6:00pm. At this point, I hijack a net, the clothesline, and a raw chicken leg and hoof it back to the beach. Since its roughly dinner time, the tourists (I'm a fisherman...!!) are all gone, so I wade out into the surf to about waist depth, tie one end of the clothesline to my belt the other to the chicken leg, and toss the chicken leg as far out into the water as I can get it.

What I'm describing is the simplest and cheapest method of catching dozens of Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs. I could go into the intricacies of this fine art (6-8pm is low tide and dusk, which is the best time to catch 'em), but you'll all move here and steal my food.  Angry Basically, crab sees chicken...Crab grabs chicken, you lead the crab up close to your feet (Yup.), lift the bait, net the crab. Toss it in a bucket, rinse, and repeat.

So yeah. I've been crabbing for hours at a time for days. XD

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 12:57:00 pm »

How we catch crab in lousiana. . . only we tend to just let 6 - 10 lines troll the water. But good stuff mate, glade yer nay starving!

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 06:48:25 am »

M'supposed to be getting back around 5:00pm GMT tomorrow! I'll be expecting a "Welcome Back" ceremony, with plenty of booze and women.

Do not disappoint me.  Angry

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length