Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:51:58 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  *A sealed letter left for Eve at her last known location*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *A sealed letter left for Eve at her last known location*  (Read 1707 times)
Mischief
Criminal
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2009, 02:35:47 pm »

*A sealed letter left for Eve at her last known location*

Dear Eve.

Where do I start? Will you even read this and if you do will you be in a position to help? Things have got bad, Eve. Oh I know they were bad before but it has now deteriorated.

Firstly the church. It has increased its activity greatly and has begun a reign of oppression greater than before. Citizens walk in fear, especially women, from its oppressive bigotry and its sick twisting of the Virtues. Once again I’m their number one target, I cannot move around Cove freely so I fear I may have to leave. But I cannot. I will stand and fight slavery in all its forms even if I am alone. The church fears me and wants me dead. They fear me because even if I am but one voice it knows I speak the truth and they seek to silence me forever.

Secondly the army. Eve it’s directionless, slovenly and ill disciplined. The only time it jumps is when the church calls. There have been numerous incidents of attacks on the civilian parts of the town by thugs and brigands and the military sits on its hands and does nothing. Conveniently they are always somewhere else or too late. Morana has lost control, I pass on information and he does nothing. Quite frankly he has either gone soft or is being paid off, perhaps even both. He betrayed us both in the past and he has betrayed me once again. But what is worse he is now betraying his family and his township.

I think this slide into oppression and corruption can be pinpointed to two events. In the recent war, when isn’t there one, Cove stupidly allied with Yew. This has caused the oppressive nature of the church to rear its ugly head again. Not only that, Yewish militia have been coming to Cove hoping to pick up partners, searching for any woman or girl that is stupid or naïve enough to go with them. Why any woman, anywhere, would want to become an object of abuse to such bigots is beyond me. But that’s the churches influence for you and I fear the men of Cove are becoming no better.

The other event was the sudden appearance of that mentally unstable git Kiran. Despite my warnings to Morana and others they made him manager of the Goblin. No sooner had he been installed when the attacks on the Goblin and townsfolk began. They wouldn’t listen to me and innocent people paid the price. He is no longer in control of the Goblin, it’s worse than that, much worse. The murdering child killer has wormed his way into the Baron’s household and is now Bailiff. Can you believe it Eve! How much of Kiran’s past the Baron knows I do not know but it seems he is content to be deaf as long as his coffers get replenished. Therein lies another example of oppression and corruption. Citizens who are being tithed beyond their means are now being subjected to crippling taxation. The tax is being collected by thuggery and Kiran is behind it all. The Baron just doesn’t care, he is content to count his gold and see his people suffer.

I warned Morana, Hoagie and others that Kiran would re-establish his underground network of thugs, extortionists and killers. They did nothing and my warning has come true. Not only that there are several “trusted” army personnel now moonlighting for Kiran’s organisation. I know who they are but whom do I go to? I can’t trust anyone anymore the corruption is that deep. Cove is rotten now Eve may be it’s best you stay away.

What more can I say? By the time you read this letter, if you ever do, mostly likely I’ll be dead. Either burned as a heretic by the church for daring to speak out or at the hands of one of Kiran’s goons. Aye, I could run but then I would be deserting the friends I have in Cove. I’m sorry that the only news I have is depressing, but that is how things stand. Cove needs someone strong and determined to clean the place up, may be you have it.

Take care Eve and perhaps farewell.

Sonja.

[Please note this is OOC information to all but Eve and Mischief’s informants. Eve is only one of two people, in game, who know Mischief’s real name.]

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length