Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 09, 2024, 10:42:20 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Return of the maid!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Return of the maid!  (Read 2804 times)
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2009, 03:00:44 pm »

Hey all..

I just saw now in the tavern that Charlotte the npc barmaid has returned... all I could think was noooo!

The reasons are this, I think is purely amazing, not only do we have a active guardsman unit who does hunts, spontaneous rp, wars and general stuff, but also in the same guild a bar fully run by real people, no need for npc's as staff are in the larger numbers. The return of npc characters to that place is sort of a step backwards in my head, kind of like saying, there are not enough barmaids around in the Goblin, and also that if they are around, they are not really needed, as people can just get a drink from that npc character!

I think we should remove her and burn her for the possible tax revelutionist she is.

Also I think is cool if we can say to people "Why should I join boc?" Not only do we offer a amazing unit of people in the army, but also a fully player run tavern, kept and served by people in real life..

Again, might just be me over thinking things... but lets burn her I say!

Me'an Silen
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 08:59:14 pm »

i do enjoy having someone to talk to... burn the mute

Cocidius
Just Poppin' In!
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 03:20:45 am »

I agree! NPC barmaids are taint! Who in the right mind is going to sit in the tavern on their own if there is no staff. The fact they can purchase food and drink without an active member of staff there adds nothing to the tavern, and takes away so much!

First thing that pops to mind is the fact she's stood with next to the bar, making it bloody awful for player barstaff to serve any customer sat opposite because she's in the way! I've never been a fan of vendor barstaff.. stick her in the kitchen or something atleast!

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Pirate
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 11:13:41 pm »

Im inclined to agree. Down with the NPC.

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 12:42:27 am »

I heard she was Hoagie's mum.

S'good reason to get rid of her right....?

(Sorry chief Kiss)

Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 01:10:42 pm »

I heard she was Hoagie's mum.

S'good reason to get ontop of her right....?

(Sorry chief Kiss)

Fixed.

Rbl <3 Thf
Railen Morana
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 12:17:10 am »

The reason she is back is because well, we cant be there 24/7 and I am starting to feel the edges of burnout trying. There are days we have plenty of staff, and there's days everyone is busy with life and the place sits empty most of the day.Having an NPC means there's someone to cover when none of us are available. (Though we will make every effort to have staff there as often as possible)

She in NO WAY is meant to or going to replace any of the living, breathing...well mabey not breathing but...pixilated real player characters. Besides, sadly her purpose in being there is nullified by the fact they NERFED vendors and you cant buy from behind a table. * Grumbles a lot* So Ill be taking her down anyhow

Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 12:33:38 pm »

Maybe place her in the Garden? Away from the focal roleplaying area but still available if you wanted to get a drink for rp purposes or otherwise when there isnt a player barmaid/man available?

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 01:45:28 pm »

Maybe place her in the Garden? Away from the focal roleplaying area but still available if you wanted to get a drink for rp purposes or otherwise when there isnt a player barmaid/man available?

I think this is a sound idea.

Carlotta is part of Covian folklore having served ale and food in Covian taverns for many a year.

I agree that perhaps she shouldn't be placed in the focal RP area of the tavern but having her in the beer garden to serve folk when no other memebr of the barstaff is around sounds like a plan.

Bless her..

Also a massive well done to everyone involved in running the Goblin.

From the owner and manageress down to barmaids, cooks and bouncers. S'the finest tavern in all Sosaria I say! Wink

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Railen Morana
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 07:42:53 am »

S a good suggestion. Thanks!
Garden lass it is. She can freeze her...well we will give her a cloak in winter- lest she be drowned!

Demarian Tel'var
Regular Guardsmen
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 10:35:10 am »

I say we make a huge Pyre and burn her for destroying Roleplay but fine'... have it your way!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length