Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:45:56 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Report] Accessing the Abyss
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Report] Accessing the Abyss  (Read 1849 times)
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2009, 07:54:10 pm »

Leading Guardsman:
Kelly Sanderson, Sergeant

Attending Guardsmen:
Kas Valentine, Senior Arcanist
Kal Shadowhand, Officer Cadet
Demarian Tel'var, Regular Guardsman
Thomas Aylmer, Junior Arcanist
Tsukiyomi Mori, Junior Guardsman
Katryn Wakefield, Guardsman Recruit

At around twelve o'clock this afternoon, I rang the Barracks bell to assemble the Guardsmen. A suprising amount were awake, even though some appeared to sleep straight through the sound. I had planned this task beforehand, so I wouldn't lose the men and myself along the way.

We had to wait for a while outside the Barracks whilst the men fumbled around with their gear and finally, we managed to have everyone ready. Before we had chance to consider finally leaving, a band of brigands appeared from around corners of the Church and attacked us. We soon rid of them with our numbers. Senior Valentine opened up a portal to the so-called "Underworld", where we saw a man who gave us the instructions of what to do. We set out on our task of obtaining a supposed 3 keys.

The first place consisted of a lot of slime we had to hack and clear our ways through to gather some strange acid off them. We were wuite hesitant to touch it and pick it up. Once we had a few, we made our way through the dark alleyways and secret passageways that the old man had instructed us to walk through. We had to burn away the vines in order to get to our destinations. The first key was easy to obtain. However, the second was a bit harder. We had to run and fight through many deadites and huge slugs to get to the vines. The place was so dark, I kept nearly tripping over my own feet. For the third key, we were instructed to go into a large room through a portal where we would find another deadite-typed figure. When we got there, we were up against a red, angry looking portal. We swallowed our pride and walked on through. The Shadow of a man was incredibly tough for his stature, and it took us a good minute or so to get him to the floor.

After we had finished the task, Senior Valentine and others conveyed their interests for continuing into the Abyss. I obliged. As we went back out of the room onto some stepping stones high up on walls, I lost my footing and stumbled off the tops, injuring my ankle on the way down. I sent a pigeon to Senior Valentine for him to take charge of the men and take care of them in the Abyss. I know not what happened from there, as it took me a while to get out of my predicament. I have seen a couple of the men since then though, and they all seem to be in one piece.

*Signed*
Kelly Sanderson, Sergeant.

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 12:39:40 am »

Damn fine work Sergeant.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length