Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:11:14 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Fighting Tournament
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fighting Tournament  (Read 2651 times)
Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2010, 04:15:55 pm »

As some of us are aware Cove seems a little quite lately. Would anyone be interested in helping to run a fighting tournament?

I would plan it to operate over a few weeks with either ladder or group tournaments.

1. Is anyone interested?
2. Who wants to help?

Cheers.

Bersi
Cove Command
Covian Regular

Wants some whiskey.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 05:00:53 pm »

I'm interested in helping to run it.
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 09:55:04 pm »

I can help, actually had this idea a while back, been talking a bit to some members about it.

Its called "The Covian Dockfights". Thats basicly all I had tought up...a fighting tournament held at the covian docks or some such. Just my idea tho..dont have to go with it:)
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 03:22:41 am »

Armsmaster tournament Wink
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 05:11:39 am »

Armsmaster tournament Wink

Armsmaster tourny is too oldschool for these days... and its only for pure warriors.
You can host the armsmaster tourny if you want Kush, this will be something entirely different im sure:P
Vaughn Goodwill
The Light Company
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 10:52:58 am »

I'm free after the 29th really, so after then i'd help for sure! Cheesy

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 04:13:01 pm »

I am loving the dockfighting idea. We could make something like Fight Club and maybe it'll spawn to other town's docks.

We could introduce like a gladiator style too it and have beasties to fight, 2 v 1 fights etc... there doesn't have to be any rules in particular.

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 01:47:48 am »

Grand prizes to lure people in aswell:)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 01:54:34 am »

Hrmm, you -may- want to request access to the archived info on the Covian Boxing League. I'm certain there are Covians happy to have a formal league again. At the least it would make for good reference.

Cheers!

-MK

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 02:48:03 pm »

I'm loving the dockfights idea chaps.

Although the Armsmaster is perhaps a little dated now and it couldn't really accomodate mages it was still a huge success over the years and I think people enjoyed the fact that armour, weapons and healing aids were balanced which meant that even a lowly Recruit with a little luck could defeat the mighty Commander *shifty eyes* as we saw in the last competition.

I don't know if trying to balance things out for entrants would be possible in an all comers event but it might be something to ponder when planning it to make it more appealing to newer members coming up against veterans decked out in the finest armour and weapons money can buy etc. etc.

I hope you chaps get it off the ground. You don't always need massive numbers for it to be an initial success, so don't let that put you off from having a go. Once you've got it going the numbers will come as long as it's fun and reported and advertised well. Wink

*thumbs up*

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Bersi
Cove Command
Covian Regular

Wants some whiskey.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 04:01:49 pm »

For the first time we could make it like three-days tournament with group fights on day one, one on one fights day two and something else on day three. Then we just could see how it goes and decide the format for the future dock fights. Three-men group fights would be the most balanced format in my opinion. Inviting other guilds would be nice too.
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 06:36:12 pm »

Yea it should definately be for every guild and every rper on europa. All is welcome basicly. In the group fights we could have rules such as no potions and no consumables etc. Make the team need more teamwork such as crosshealing etc. In the solo fights I think anything goes really...within the roe ofc

Could also have the "Hardcore class" where no potions and no consumables is alowed... Im basicly just brainstorming. This is the very early stage still, much discussion and planning to come.
Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 04:09:11 pm »

Brainstorming is where its at! Keep them coming.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length