Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:25:33 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The Jhelom Campaign
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Jhelom Campaign  (Read 3543 times)
floria
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2010, 09:53:53 am »

[OOC: We've tried to keep this as neutrail as possible, but wondered if next week someone on the Covian side would like to write up for posting on this thread (with all the bias you please!) It might make them more insteresting and it's good advertisement as this thread is also on stratics, uorforums etcetera and we'll do the one after with our own bias and so on. Let me know!]

With the complacency of peace-time slowly rotting away at the efficiency and readiness of the allied war machine it quickly became apparent that steps would have to be taken to reverse the trend.
When the next enemy rose up to face the loose coalition of Trinsic, Skara Brae, Yew, Cove and Templewood, the allies could ill afford to suffer the stinging early losses that had blighted its most recent conflicts.
This time they would be painstakingly prepared.
Emissaries had visited Jhelom to obtain her permission for a live campaign to be staged within her borders, any resistance or opposition had quickly been swept away by bribes and promises of future trade.

Introductory exchanges

The initial clashes of the 'Jhelom Campaign' were chaotic and bloody as a trio of major powers converged on the city, fighting a three-way war for supremacy.
The Covian Army appeared to have the upper hand in these early stages, harnessing the power of their arcanists as they claimed a position of strength and were able to dictate the course of the next stage of the campaign.

End of week 1

With the Covian Army in the throes of heavily fortifying the Jhelom Pits, the Guardsmen of Yew saw the opportunity to make their close-quarters prowess pay dividends. The enclosed space of the fighting pits would prove to be the Covian Army's undoing as they simply lacked the range to bring their arcanists to bear and were swiftly and methodically hunted down by the rampaging Guardsmen.

End of week 2

With the Guardsmen in command of the Jhelom Pits, they set their sights upon the southern island of Jhelom.
Fortifying the Performing Arts Centre, the Guardsmen swatted aside any attempts to enter the building, before sallying forth into the rattled Covian lines which swiftly crumbled in the face of the Yewish assault.

floria
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 12:43:34 pm »

End of week 3

With news that the Guardsmen of Yew intended to claim Jhelom's northernmost island, the Covian Army, the Knights Templar and Skara Brae moved to check Yew's advances. However with Cove only able to field a selection of inexperienced recruits alongside the offerings of Templewood and Skara Brae the battle deteriorated into one of numerical superiority versus battlefield experience.

[/CENTER]
floria
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 12:50:25 pm »

Letter from the Knights Templar:

*A letter bearing the Knights Templar seal reaches the Covian camp appointed to commander Torrak Keres*

Greetings commander Keres,
Since the campaigns begun and the Yewish started to take interest in the islands, I fear that I've misjudged the capacity of their tactics. With continuing victories I believe that any of us stand any chance in success. With this in mind I'd like to offer you a temporarily cooperation between the Royal Alliance and the Covian Order, until balance of the Yewish opressors have been maintained or demoralised enough to give us room for further direction.

If thou accept my offer, I shall make sure that this is passed on to all those fighting in the Royal alliance.

Tactics and strategy would be an appropiate topic of discussion in the coming week, if thou accept my offer.

I shall await your reply most patiently.

May the Virtues Prevail!

*signed neatly*
Gendin de Trinsic, Grandmaster of the Knights Templar.
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 10:00:52 pm »

Last two weeks had been an outstanding win for Cove and the Templar Knights, though it couldn't last forever. In tha' week, Cove had been informed tha' Yew was doing suspicius things around the graveyard, so decided to march there and kick 'em out of Jhelom. Goal was to dye as many clothes, lying -inside- the graveyard. Yew already dyed 'em all, before Cove even arrived. The whole Covian troop got disorientated and we were outfought at every sign...

Loosing the graveyard itself, we were forced to fight around the houses north of Jhelom main isle. Using our Grenadiers as a bite and planning an ambush, wasn't such a good idea. The Yewish Milita acted like an angry mob, in a strong formation...

In round three, we formed as well, and this time we managed to break their formation. It seemed, when Yew looses their formation, they loose their strengh. All Covians fought hard to the last man stand, but all was invane... Yew managed to keep the graveyard...

*signed in beautiful handwriting*

Ilyana, Watchman of Cove

*some scetches were attached to the bottom of the report*

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 03:52:12 pm »

I was at the colour the flag wargame!

Signed,
Faden Wildheart

Keitaro Kazami
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 04:55:59 am »

Jack: "Is the jar of dirt going to help?"
Diadarma: "If you don't want it.. give it back."
*Silence*
Jack: "No" *hugs the jar of dirt*
Kesbran Vom
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 12:37:58 am »

Jhelom Campaign.

First of three battles, Our alliance won with alot still standing. I reckon that the others didnt find our force to be so vast and underestimated us.

Second battle was not as much a battle as a slaughter. The Guardsmen Bundled up in a house while trying to Starve us to death or some like that.

Third battle consisted of three Parties formed, Three-way war. And was, by far, the longest battle. Eventually though, it panned out, leaving the last battle rather unexplained and unresolved, was just for giggles though.

In the end, we won two out of three battles, and that leaves a Covian victory! YARR!

*Scribbled at the bottom by Cpt. Keres;*

Leading: Grenadier Captain Torrak Keres
Attending: Captain Hoagie Grayner
                Arcanist Cadet Bersi
                Senior Arcanist Kas Valentine
                Regular Scout Faden Wildheart
                Junior Grenadier Keitaro Kazami
                Junior Scout Fred S. McScoutenstein (OOC: Kal Shadowhand)
                Junior Guardsman Dylan Freewater
                Watchman Ilyana
                Guardsman Recruit Sabal
                Guardsman Recruit Kesbran Vom

Assorted Trinsicans (led by Sgt. Iljian)
                Assorted Knights Templar (led by Grand Templar Gendin d'Trinsic)
                Assorted Skara-Braeans (led by the Count of Skara Brae)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 01:21:03 am by Linaeus » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length