Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 11:17:48 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Captain's Orders - Light Company - March 21, 2010
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Captain's Orders - Light Company - March 21, 2010  (Read 2369 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2010, 04:43:59 am »

((This information is available to -all- Officers and members of the Light Company. No one outside of the Officer Corps and Light Company would know these things unless they were told in-game by someone who did.))

Corporal Jenifer Feather,

As I've detailed in my letter to the Core Division, the time has come to once more turn our attention to the west. However, before we can do that, we need accurate and reliable information regarding the current state of the Republic of Vesper. We accomplish nothing if we secure our western flank only to find the east endangered. I require of the 2nd Light Infantry the following;

1. An estimate of the state of the Vesperian Military, including the number and experience of their arcanists. I also require the names and titles of their Officers and senior government officials. Who is the Chancellor? Who sits on the Vesper Council? Who does Vesper count on as allies? What are Vesper's current intentions regarding Cove? Are they hostile, or are they seeking peace and the reparation of relations between us?

2. An accurate map of the City of Templewood, clearly marking and labeling EVERY structure, distinguishing military buildings and fortifications from industrial buildings and residences.

3. A summary of the Templars' beliefs regarding the Virtues and the Avatar.

4. An estimate of the status of relations between Templewood and Yew.

5. A report on the combat-readiness, size, and composition of the militaries of Templewood, Trinsic, and Skara Brae.

This information is key to the security of Cove and it's provinces, and should be acquired as soon as possible. Use whatever means necessary to get it, but be discrete. The last thing we want is for our neighbors to misinterpret our efforts and pay unwanted attention to our other efforts in the area.

- Grenadier Captain Torrak Keres

P.S.: Try and get me this information in a timely fashion, no later than the second Promotions Parade of April.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:41:56 pm by Linaeus » Logged

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 07:31:42 am »

Additionally, due to the lack of a decent number of actual members in Light Company, prospective members of Watchman rank or above may take on any of these tasks except the first one. Recruits may do so if granted permission by Army Command.

- Cpt. Keres

Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 05:35:04 pm »

Mapping Templewood:

Attending:

Scout Corporal, Jenifer Feather
Junior Scout, Fred (OOC: Kal Shadowhand)

The Templewood Map..

Oh what a WONDERFUL map..

1. Fort

This Fort is particularly well fortified. There is a huge cannon pointed to the South so attacking from the North would be preferable.. Though there is no way in from the North and it is protected from the other Templewood Buildings..

There is an odd looking pattern drawn on the floor in one of the back rooms with some strange Arcane Gems thrown on them in a seemingly important pattern.. I spied this through a window into a locked room so couldn't investigate further..

2. Wild Mare Tavern

Not much to mention about the Wildmare.. A nice looking Tavern though. Personally I've never had a drink there.. Its always been closed or unstaffed when I've arrived. But it is very tastefully decorated with plenty of room for Jigging. Not much of a military threat.

3. Beaufort

Seemingly the heart of Templewood. A beautiful fort/castle structure.. Very well made.. Very well fortified and difficult to attack. There are relics everywhere inside.. It is clear that this building is very important to the Knights. It is worth mentioning that this is where I discovered the info mation regarding the virtues that the Knights hold so dear that I will report in another post at a later date...

4. Forge and Stores

This is where the Knights keep their weaponry and armour... And make them. A perfect spot to take over to cut out their flow of recruits as a recruit without any equipment is usless.. As is a Grand Knight with no sword..

5. Training Area

This building is very well locked up but seems to be where they train their new Knights into the killing machines they are. Through a window I managed to spot a huge sword and a pile of maps and books.. Perhaps where they hold their military meetings...

6. Market Square

A rather lovely Market Square.. A small forge and an open air tavern with beautiful seating arrangements and shrubberies.. Not much of a threat to Cove.

7. Jousting Arena

This house was inaccessible.. It look horrible from the outside.. And seemed to be sporting a Banner on its roof that read 'KT'. Clearly an important building but without access to even the windows there was nothing we could peek inside.

The only clue we had was the name.. Jousting Arena.. Probably a place to train their horses and host events.

8. Alchemy Lab

Not sure what experiments are going on here. But the trees outside are all dead. So it cannot be good.. Seems odd that a knight of virtue would be experimenting with potions that can kill.. But that seems to be the case.. Seems we should keep an eye on this place..

That concludes the infomation I was able to gain from the map making mission. There were no Knights about to question regarding their beliefs and there was no sign of their military strengh. The investigation is ongoing.

Signed : Jenifer Feather

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 11:41:40 pm »

I still need the rest of the information I requested, Scouts! Get cracking!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length