Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:40:21 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Cult Killings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cult Killings  (Read 1666 times)
Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2010, 10:13:40 am »

Eason dropped his rucksack heavily on the floor as he eyed a quill and considered the events of the day. He had not long arrived in Cove, barely able to step off the ferry when Commander Keres seized him and had him placed back on active duty. He was not alone it seemed, with Senior Scout Valiro Gryphonclaw having recently returned to the service also.
Eason grabbed the quill, and a piece of parchment, and begin to scribble..

Eason returns to.. THE Chair..!
Greetings, my fine Covian guardsmen!

I have return for a short bout of service with the Covian Army and have once more been thrust into the action! I supposed ye can't keep a dying man dead..!? A dead man dying..!? Or something..

Anyway, last eve saw some wild events unfold. Whilst patrolling with Valiro and one of the Goblin lady bouncers (Yukina), a very scary lass I might add, we came across a butchered Recruit out by the ruins east of the Covian Graveyard. The Recruit had been slashed at the throat and, having only just returned to Cove, neither myself or Valiro were able to identify the victim. Nevertheless, his body had been defiled and, upon some questionable anatomical movements from the corpse.., Valiro and I cremated his remains.

Corpses make funny noises when they burn...

Sadly, often is the case a bold Recruit will stray off the beaten path and attempt to earn glory for him or herself by apprehending locally known brigands. We deemed something similiar in this case, but the startling responsive reflexes of the dead corpse placed an eery vibe in us three Covians.

We continued the patrol, deciding to head toward the larger ruins in the Covian Shire and, with a short detour to Swaggers Inn, we arrived to find a much more worrying scene..

The body of a young woman we identified to be a Green Goblin barmaid lay crucified to a pentagram. On her back we noticed some strange markings, but it appeared she had died due to exposure more than anything else. Furthermore, there were the same strange markings, in blood, on one of the ruins' walls. Senior Gryphonclaw made some quick sketches of the scene and noted down the markings for further investigations; then freeing the corpse from the daggers that held it down and returning it to Cove for further study.

The horrors of the Shire, and eating too much soup..

One patrol, and two murders. A worrying outcome. It appears Cove is no longer able to police its own territory, and thus we must re-engage our Covian forces..! Recruiting and training more! Patrolling more! And ensuring the safety of our Covian citizens. Only then may we extinguish this threat, however deep and dark its origin may reside in the Shire..

Gregor Eason
Senior Guardsman,
Covian Army

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length