Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 08:40:20 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  [PR] Command Positions Open!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [PR] Command Positions Open!  (Read 1053 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2010, 06:50:03 am »

BoC's Command Team is looking for willing and able applicants to fill the following role within the guild's Command Team;

Grenadier Officer Cadet
Basic Requirements:
- Activity within the guild.
- Knowledge of Grenadier duties, customs, and lore.
- Willingness to lead.
- Character applying for must be an Archer or Warrior.

Church Leader (Bishop, Templar, Seneschal, Magistrate etc.)
Basic Requirements;
- In-depth knowledge of the history, beliefs, and customs of the Avatarian Church.
- Willingness to dedicate oneself to play a Church character.
- Character applying for may not have Magic skills.

Civilian Leader (Steward, Mayor, etc.)
Basic Requirements;
- Knowledge of the Civilians' Shilling System.
- Willingness to administrate and keep track of said system.
- Willingness to dedicate oneself to playing a Civilian as one's main character.
- Willingness to consistently run Civilian events like Tavern Nights, Markets, Festivals, and so on.

Scout Officer Cadet
Basic Requirements;
- Knowledge of Scout history, duties, customs, tactics, etc.
- Willingness to take the initiative in leading Scout-themed events.

Aside from this, the conditions of being a member of the Command Team are as follows;
- You may not maintain alternate characters in other guilds. If you are found doing so, you will be asked to withdraw them from those guilds, and have your access to the Command Board revoked if you fail to do so within a reasonable period of time.
- You must take part in discussions on the Command Board, even if your involvement is only to express how completely you agree with a previously stated position. You will be expected to take an active interest in coming up with innovative ideas relating to the area of the guild you're responsible for.
- If you join Command, you will be expected to stay in it for as long as you can. The Command Team isn't for people who take on leadership roles because it sounds nice, then suddenly decide it's too much for them, promptly leaving and leaving their dependent section of the guild hanging.

How the Command Team works;
     While the Guildmaster and Assistant Guildmaster hold considerable power in the guild, including ultimately having the final say in any argument, ninety-nine times out of a hundred, they defer to the Majority Vote of the Command Team. Every member of the Team has a single vote on any issue or proposal, and the Guildmaster in almost every case will act in accordance with the outcome of this vote.
      Purely Hypothetical Example;
      [OMG], another town guild with whom we have a long history of cooperation, has recently taken a turn for the worse. There have been several incidents of looting, and OMG's leaders are showing very little willingness to enforce the rules within their own guilds. Corporal A, a member of BoC's Command, introduces a proposal to end BoC's war status with OMG. A discussion is held, then a vote taken. The vote's results are 5:1 in favor of peacing. The Guildmaster proceeds to end BoC's war status with OMG, acting on the Command Team's advice and vote. Additionally, the GM writes an email to OMG's leaders explaining the decision and providing clear terms on which war status might be restored.

I think I can handle that, so how do I apply?

You fill out and PM me the following application;

Position Applied For:
Character Name:

Player Timezone:

Active Times:

How long you've been in the guild:

Which areas of the guild you've been a part of:

Your Strong & Weak Points:

Skills you'll bring to the Command Team:

Don't be afraid to step up. A lot of people who thought they'd be horrible Command Members (including myself and Hoagie) wound up contributing greatly to the guild.

- Keres, on behalf of the Command Team

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length