Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 12:23:06 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Essay] Uniformity - A Must For All Guardsmen.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Essay] Uniformity - A Must For All Guardsmen.  (Read 1428 times)
Nicholi Ravnthorn
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2010, 04:17:00 am »

*An Essay pinned on the Barracks' notice board*

Uniformity:

The wearing of a Uniform is a must for all Guardsmen of Cove. The Uniform should be seen as a privledge to wear, there are many people in this world, but few Covian Guardsmen. It is a privledge to wear the same dress as the legendary Guardsmen, past and present that have served and died in this uniform. In the years past, many men, such as: Gregor Eason, Erik Arkay, Ryan Greystone, Hrothgar, and Delculakador, fought hard to carve their place into the world, for the right to wear their own Uniform and be their own people. It is, and should be, an Honour for all Guardsmen to wear this uniform and be counted among these heros.

There are several factors in reasoning for a Uniform that I will discuss upcoming. Including: Equality, Respect, and Funtions on the Battlefield.

I. Equality:

Frist, let me talk about the word itself "Uniform", Uniform is actually the combo-nation of two words, "Uni" meaning One, and "Form" meaning Way. Seeing this, it is to be understood that there is only One Way to wear a Uniform.

When the uniform is worn by all, the way it was designed, there is a great amount of equality created. Everyone of the same rank becomes the same. A Junior Guardsman that has served the Army for twenty years does not requie more respect then a Junior Guardsman only serving the Army for two years. I hold great respect for anyone who makes it to the rank of Regular Guardsman, for I know much much time, work, sweat and blood it takes to reach that rank. As it should be for every rank in the Army, Recruit to Commander.

II. Respect

As I mentioned before, there have been several great Covian heros to serve, bleed and die in this uniform. To change the uniform for your personal comfort, or worse yet "style" is a stab in the back to those who fought years upon years to wear this uniform. If you can not respect the Uniform in itself and what it stands for, you must atleast respect the souls of those who died for it and in it.

III. On the Battlefield

If for nothing else, consider yourself and your lives. Wearing an improper uniform on a field of battle is very dangerous. It could possibly makr you as an enemy for us or our allies, and get you attacked by your ownside in mid-battle. But, more likely it is that the opposition will seek out those who are extravagantly dressed. For those who do no wear a proper Covian Uniform will find that a bullseye has been quite literally paint upon your forehead.

As a warrior, I do not seek out the ordinary dressed people blending into the crowd as a prime target. My target will always be the ones to stand out, a will most people's targets. If not in Uniform, you paint yourself as a target.

IV. Conclusion:

In conclusion, the not wearing, or changing of a Uniform not only dishonours you, but also dishonours those who wore the same Uniform before you. I do not take lightly the dishonour of Cove, it's Army, it's Baron, or it's fallen heros. Uniformity not only shows respect to all these things, but also keeps you more safe in battle. Uniformity is a must for all Guardsmen of Cove, and must be taken seriously.

*Signed neatly*
Nicholi Ravnthorn
Regular Guardsman

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length