Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:41:01 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Regular Trials for Jassi Cowin - COMPLETE!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Regular Trials for Jassi Cowin - COMPLETE!  (Read 3187 times)
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2011, 06:28:15 am »

Cowin is still alive it seems, eh? Well, I hope his latest tensions with Stonekeep hasn't lowered his morale, or else he might have trouble surviving these trials, each deadlier than the other.

Trial One ~ The non-arcanist thingy
Word on the street says that you want to become that non-arcanist rank called Grenadier. Well, those Grenadiers almost all have vanished, probably died of aging or lazyness. You're to enlighten us what those Grenadiers actually are!

• Hold a speech about Grenadiers, including for what they stand, the founder and some of the greatest there were
  • At least 4 other guardsmen must attend
  • Provide a full report with scetches below

Trial Two ~ Spread the word of Cove
We got a handfull of new recruits lately.  But I'm not satisfied with that. I demand more!

• Lead a recruitment stall for at least 30 minutes in either Luna or Haven.
  • Place 20 banners while you're recruiting
  • Provide a short report below

Trial Three ~ Destroy the foul magics!
You showed great promise lately in being a leader. Care to proof that once more? S'not like you're having a choice anyway...

• Terort Skitas, the Tower of Knowledge lies in Ilshenar - Find your way there
  • To reach the that sacred place, you must lead a troop through the Sorcerers Dungeon in Ilshenar
  • At least 5 other guardsmen must attend
  • Provide a full report with scetches below

Let's see if you're worthy enough to claim the belt!

Ilyana Drachen,
Arcanist Corporal
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:25:58 am by Ilyana Drachen » Logged

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 02:11:01 pm »

Destroy the foul magics!

Guardsman in Attendance :

Jassi Cowin, Junior Guardsman (Leading)
Abigail Keres, Junior Arcanist
Ilyana Drachen, Arcanist Corporal
Aleri Briggs, Guardsman Recruit

I was not sure where to find the Tower of Knowledge so I used a map to get us there. It was easy to find, but entering this twisted and corrupt place is a different story, two of the guardsmen refusing to go in at first. I used less guardsman for this than what the trial asked for but I have supreme faith and confident in our guardsman that we can accomplish anything, no matter the number.

When we entered we were instantly attacked by a hoard of undead and a few golden skeletons were about as well. I learned of a symbol on the ground that stood for knowledge, we came across many rooms with many different directions to take, some rooms had beds, one room with a table where it looked like a family would eat at. This is not the activities of the guardian spawn that is beheld within the tower.

We fought through many elementals of all different kinds and gazers before going downstairs to a bottom level, which seemed even darker and more corrupt, there were writing tables laid out as if there was once a school in this sacred place, instead hell hounds and elementals and liches devoured the bottom floor.

We fought our way over to some more stairs that led up into a room untainted by the dark forces below, was a room with beautiful blue walls and had a magical aura surrounding it, there was fresh water as well, while up in the tower, I learned that it was built by the ancient mages who built the City of Wind and that the walls of the towers walls keeps the dark forces out.

After taking some samples and supplies from the tower and scoping it out and finding stuff we could learn off of, it was decided that we would kill some more of the spawn in the tower, however, we ran into some trouble and had to cut tail and run. Abigail Keres appeared to be all banged by the time we escaped.

We ended up with only a total of 10,000 gold where each guardsman were able to donate 2,000 gold each to the coffers.

*sketches*

*neatly signed*

Jassi Cowin, Junior Guardsman

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 02:22:44 pm »

A fine start, Junior Cowin!

Gregor Eason
Senior Guardsman, Covian Army

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 10:25:14 am »

Spread the word of Cove

Guardsmen in attendance:

Cal'ain Cui'gnir, Watchman
Kas Valentine, Senior Arcanist
Leanne Melior, Watchman
Demarian Tel'Var (Joined us in Luna then left.)

Instead of going to one place like the report said, we made 3 stops, before our first stop in New Haven, I combined 4 banners at the Cove moongate. Onward to New Haven, I placed 6 banners and gave the guardsmen their orders. To spread out with tables and recruitment flyers and advertise while I placed the banners and looked for potential recruits.

Onwards to the city of Luna, here we got the most attention and got the word out on the guild.. I placed 6 more banners and we were also joined by the Yew Militia, who were also on a recruitment drive. For the most part, we sat around and mocked each other and exchanged words back and forth and had a conversation regarding the dead queen.. I lined the men up, gave them some tactical orders and marched them on their way to Britain. The Yewians followed us however and more words exchanged. It was in Britain where I placed 6 more banners, this town was the most dead however and we did not stay very long, however, one followed us through a portal home, the most potential candidate for the army he was and the only one I gave a flyer to..

This is the first recruitment stall I have led as well, so I am not so good at it.. Below are paintings of the recruitment drive.

*signed neatly*

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 10:48:27 am by Jassi Cowin » Logged

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 05:44:09 am »

The non-arcanist thingy

Guardsmen in Attendance:

Kas Valentine, Senior Arcanist
Dermott Eason, Watchman
Abel Nightroad, Guardsman Recruit
Unknown Guardsman, Unknown

So for this last trial which was scheduled to be my first, I gathered up the guardsman and it was decided best to have my speech at the Memorial Square. I read from a document which featured most of the recent knowledge of the grenadiers. I first asked questions to see how up to date the guardsmen were on this squad, which none of them seemed to know a lot of..

I first went into the found of the grenadiers, how it started out as the Barons Blades which was split into two squads, the Baron's Own Grenadiers and the Scouts and Hrothgar being the founder and then explained what they stood for and why they are a important asset for the Covian army. I went into the history of the line ups of the commanding officers of the Grenadiers and the battles of which they have fought and explained how and why it has changed as the years have gone by.. I talked about some of the most notable grenadiers such as Arkay and Greystone who were the predecessors of Raiden Morana and Vince Valentine, whom I spoke of as well.

I then asked the guardsmen if they had any questions and I had quite a few regarding the requirements of being a grenadiers, what kind of training it involves and skills that are used among them. Dermott was the only one among the 4 guardsmen who seemed to be interested in the Grenadiers and I was asked questions of what their most notable battles have been.

This was a fairly good history lesson not just for me but for the guardsmen as well. Paintings are below.

*signed neatly*

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 10:28:40 am »

Most impressive, Cowin! Do not miss the parade on next sunday!

Ilyana Drachen, Arcanist Corporal

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length