Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:40:19 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A Letter enclosed with wax to the Commander
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Letter enclosed with wax to the Commander  (Read 2048 times)
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2018, 09:20:21 pm »

My dear friend Hoagie,

I feel unfortunate to inform you about a recent incident with an Initiate of the church.

A friend of mine and I were heading to the Goblin for a drink, where we encountered the Initiate, with drawn weapon. I informed him that he should keep his sword sheated inside the Goblin.

Instead of doing that, he called me names.

I informed him once more, that he is not above Covian law just because he's a member of the church, to which he forcefully pushed me to the site.

I ran after him and demanded answers. Instead of talking to me, he threatened me and pointed his sword at me, so I had no choice but to defend myself and casted a weak spell on him, on which he became even more furious and mad.

My friend... no matter what place the church has in Cove. The rude behaviour of the initiate they call... Danaeryl something... is above anything good.

Regards,
Ilyana Drachen, Senior Arcanist

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Gary Gallo
Guest Of Cove

Senile Totally Not A Wizard.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 11:26:35 pm »

A second letter written on some ripped parchment and covered in ale and whiskey stains. It is crumpled and folded poorly. On the front it says

To Comandar Hoagie.

Tonytes events have been jramatic. Me and Ebel the scout were headin fer a pint after a rarther trormatic fith dedite atempt on me lyfe. Well as we got there, Ilyana and Father Danaeyl were in a heeted argument. insults were slingin an they were goin at it feerce.
Father Danaeyl left and on his way out,  ilyana stopped him by slingin a spell at him. The farther pointed his sord at her and told her there wud be justi justice is spelt wrong multiple times before concluding on the correct way of spelling it
Justyce!  But i beleev his justyce be that of burnin miss Ilyana. The father turned around and she slung another spell at him. They both were tryin to rattle each other. I feer that the Church may take action against these minur insults.

Jus fort you shud get another point o view sir.

signed GARSHINKLE

P.S. ye cud say this turn of events is...Unforchunayte?

Snargonfulj, Father Too Garshinkle The Honourable.

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 08:45:31 am »

Ilyana,

My memory of the law may be fuzzy, but I'm not sure that the Church folk openly carrying weapons is actually against the law.

Anyway, assault on an officer and assault on a clergyman are both listed as "SEVERE CRIMES" in the books, so I suggest you call it even and let bygones be bygones.

The Church aren't known for backing down, and I don't want to have to deal with the mess.

Rgds, Hoagie.

Recruit Garshinkle,

Thanks for the information. It's always good to get as much information as possible in these cases. I hope you recover from your injuries soon.

Regards, Commander Grayner

P.S. Yes it is unfortunate.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length