Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 06:07:31 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The Rescue of the Commander
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Rescue of the Commander  (Read 2312 times)
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2005, 11:11:27 pm »

I was sitting on my horse watching the battle unfold before me. The drow's lapdogs, the Kaldorians were being assaulted by the noble warriors of Cove, but the battle was going strongly against them. The great warriors of Covians went down fast, the Kaldorians finally winning the battle.

Watching aghasted from my vantage point I quickly realised that something had to be done! And since I'm not going to try to assault Kaldor alone -I'm not suicidal, got a long time to live- I decided the best way would be to approach it diplomatically if I was to save the prisoners, and hoping there still was time, having heard that Kaldorians will have their way with anything woman-born, or spawned... or regenerated etc...

Riding my mare around the walls a few times to announce my approach and to not alarm them, their nerves were slightly tight-wound, much like a flie caught in a spider's web. I entered, leading my horse by the reins and held up my arms to show that I wasn't going to attack. The sight that met me was a few guards in armour with bandages wrapped around them. They looked like a haggard band of mercenaries from inner Ilshenar. They drew their weapons, as if a trader was a dangerous threat! Explaining that I wanted to speak with someone in command as to bargain for the eventual survivors, they answered me that if they gave them gold they would see if the commanders were available.  Worse than Trinsic merchants these were!

After a while a drow emerged, poking me with a drow- nose picker. I then was allowed to stable my horse, which I was rather afraid might get stolen. Then after enduring the dull company of these uncouth barberians without and signs of discipline, a half-elf child I know came. She talked with some commanders and then they decided to "protect" me with 8 guards and a drow...Seemingly the Kaldorians don't know the difference between "trader" and "rapid dragon"...

The hardships worsened, they pointed out that I had to be rich due to some jewelry I wore. Even a trader wasn't safe in this backwater, inbred slum of a town! Finally the commander came, whom I recognised to be Cal Soulshadow. After some brief discussion, where she said they'd had some fun with him she led me to a tower, and after passing through a room full of devices fit for the drow, I saw through a cell door, the commander lying on the floor...
Gregor Eason
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 01:34:09 am »

The horror endured here shall forever scar the memory of Gregor Eason...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length