Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:35:10 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Arming Macros 101
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Arming Macros 101  (Read 2834 times)
Dormack Shander
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2005, 05:14:13 pm »

Something that slows most people down in fights, is switching between weapons, or rearming after you get disarmed. Using this tip here will allow you to rearm/disarm your weapons without opening your paperdoll or your back pack.

Open UOA window
The bar second in from the left says "Arm" Click it.
You will see two columns on the left. Right hand item, and below it will say left hand item. On the right there will be "main, alernate, alternate 2, alternate 3"
Have the dot clicked on Main, arm your “weapon of choice” and save it as the right hand item. (To save an item, right click on the column)
Click on Alternate, arm your “other weapon of choice” and save it as your left hand item.
After you do that, go to Keys. It’s the 4th one in from the left up top.
Once you’re in there it'll say Arm, Arm alternate, arm alternate 2, arm alternate 3. Click arm, and make a key for it, and click arm alternate and make a key for it.
Do this for all of the arms, most people only use one or two weapons, but if you use more, it’s the exact same as to setting the first two.

Now, close all that and go to uo options. Go to macro page, and make a macro for Arm/Disarm. Make a macro for right hand, and left hand. Than make a macro for Equip Last Weapon.

Now your all set.

Example.

Main = Kryss
Alternate = Spear

Arm = 1
Arm Alternate = 2
Arm/Disarm right hand = 3
Arm/Disarm left hand = 4
Equip Last Weapon = 5.

You’re walking around weaponless. You click 1, and get your kryss. You click 3 to disarm, than click 2 to rearm spear. You click 5 to go back and forth between the two.

Example 2.

Your fighting with your spear, and your kryss is on Equip last weapon. Your fighting away and get poisoned, no ones around to cure you. You’re at half-life, and your aid is about to cure you, but the guy has you on the ropes. Hit the Equip last macro button and switch to your one handed weapon, this allows you a free hand to drink a cure pot. This examples based upon the assumption you don’t have parry.
Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 05:57:26 pm »

Har! T'is good adivce! I for one use this way alot! But, unfortunately not everyone has the 30 day free trial or the money for UO assist, so for all of you out there who dont have it, GET IT!

*points at Garand*

Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 06:00:16 pm »

OOOOOOOR just use the UO inbuilt last weapon macro .......

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 06:03:21 pm »

But. he was talking about switching weapons. Like, if you're fighting a warrior with your cutlass, you slash them up good, then some annoying archer *scowls at Vince*  comes along with his armour ignore and you need to paralyze them.

Once you've paralyzed them you'd have to switch back to your cutlass to bleed attack them and take them down, but without macros from UOassist...you cant.

Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 06:19:59 pm »

Well some people don't have UOA, like.... *Coughs* myself... 

So maby focus a bit of your advice towards those who don't have the fancy third party programs as well?

Dormack Shander
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 07:17:46 pm »

Well some people don't have UOA, like.... *Coughs* myself... 

So maby focus a bit of your advice towards those who don't have the fancy third party programs as well?

Buy it.

Anyways, if you don't have UOA, than you can still work back and forth, it's just a bit more work. Manually arm your "kryss" than use the macro to disarm it..than arm a different weapon and just use the equip last weapon macro.

Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 08:56:42 pm »

yes you can i personaly use a kryss and a dager put on in hand then take it out and put the other in and then the last weapon macro in uo will swap between the two!

Calico
Old Battle Axe
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

"Tired but never weak."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 08:46:15 pm »

Ahem... I don't have UO Assist and I figured that one out.  Willing to bet it's a "glich" though.

I play on a higher resolution with a big computer monoter so I've got lots of side room, my journal paper doll and back pack are alwayes open.    That makes it easyer to swich fast manualy if say, your bleedin' and mortaling with a cutless and an exicutioners ax, and you wana par them with a vicking sword.

*Earned Merit in The Kaldorian Line Campaign*
Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 10:01:44 pm »

*shrugs* its not a glitch though its a macro that was added for that reason.

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 08:35:30 am »

UOA is not just good for weapons..! In battle I often get hit by several people at a time so just healing by bandagy wont cut it, luckily i just have to press a mouse button and I drink a heal/cure whatever is needed! Also if you got a shield theres the nifty disarm shield and then drink a potion.

As a mage I have macros that heal myself with one press of a button or heal someone else (rex richter).

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length