Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:39:54 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Chased by a naked Yew Guard!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Chased by a naked Yew Guard!  (Read 2706 times)
Smedly Herbwood
Local Short-Arse
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2005, 11:47:39 am »

As I was strollin' into Haven on the lookouts for some citizens tha' might like to set up their homes in Cove, I ran into a young Yew Guardsman recruit firin' arrows at some creepy plant thing growin' out o' the ground.  I tooks one look at his armour an' had me an idea!

"Mornin' sire, ye armour looks a bit worn if ye nay mind me sayin' so."

I saids to him.  Then I offered to repair it fer free.  He were a bit dubious at first sayin' tha' he shouldn't be consortin' with the enemy.  Me? An enemy?!

I explained to him tha' I were nay an enemy, jus' a simple hobbit craftsman lookin' to be helpful.  He eventually agreed an' we made our way to the Haven forge entertainin' ourselves wit' friendly chit-chat along the way.

He introduced himself as Mister Thon'nain, and started unfastenin' his armour an' placin' it in a box i provided him.  I could barely suppress a chuckle as he loaded all his fine Yewish armour into tha' wooden box. I took the box and set it down by the forge, waitin' for the right moment.

As a call came out from a market peddler in the street nearby, I looked over me shoulder an' saw the guard had his back turned.  I seized me opportunity, snatched up the box an' made a runner with it shoutin' back at the guard "For Mister Eason!".

I'm sure glad it were a chilly autumn mornin', 'cause when I looked back briefly durin' me sprint I could see tha' the guard were shiverin' too much to keep pace.  He 'ad his bow out and his sights trained on me but he were quiverin' so much he couldn't get a shot in.

I tumbled head-long into the Haven moongate with the chest of armour gripped tightly against me chest... and appeared in Britain.  Grand!  I dusted meself off and head straight for the Britain bank to make me a few crowns.

Well tha' ought to make up for the profits I lost 'cause of the disturbance them Yew guard folk caused at the Open Tavern last night.  Score one fer the memory o' Mister Eason!!

Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 12:39:53 pm »

*Reads the post and a smile apears on his face*

Good on ya citizen!

Keep up the good work.

*Signed*

Thomas Sendrich, Watchman

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 04:11:16 pm »

Genious! Give this man some copper!

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 06:20:20 pm »

I do like a man with a cunnin' plan!

Izzy
Mistress of the Nine Hells
Covian Veteran

What a deliciously dark night, Lets make pancakes!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 11:07:38 am »

Eason would have loved this, well done.

Sure you might be laughing at me, but it's your time I'm wasting!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length