Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 10:45:15 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Through the Blooded Corridors
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Through the Blooded Corridors  (Read 1932 times)
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2005, 05:18:16 pm »

Khaelieth sat down and stretched his arms. Finding his phoenix feather quill and some ink, he sat about writing the report about a trip to somewhere he had dreamt of...

Attendance:
John Dell
Vince Valentine (leader after Raiden)
Joey Lanai
Erik Arkay
Olchafa Serpernt "Chaffers"
Hoagie
Khaelieth (guide)

Those who accompanied in the beginning:
Raiden Morana (fell sick underway, original leader)
Fabien

Report:

Assembling at the barracks, we headed out to the Sacrifice shrine in Ilshenar, trusting a mix of experiences to pick the way to our goal, where a dungeon full of blood would be. Traveling through a pastoral area, with the odd abandoned house (a victim of Smedly's boom boxes?). We reached a pair of dark towers leading into a gulch in the mountains, and walking in, the troops were silenced by the sight that awaited them!

Ripping our eyes away from the horrible pool, we walked into the darkness, treading the dark, worn stones carefully, and rightly so! We had seen several undead walking into the dungeon mere moments before us! As I light a torch for the others to see, we saw them peering at us, beckoning to us and telling us to leave. Their bones rattled dangerously, and surprisingly, they also had a few live minions! In the end, the skeletons and their minions left into the darkness, leaving us alone with the echoes of their footsteps fading into the darkness...

Raiden had fallen off, so we sent a little party back to retrieve him. He had fallen sick (might have been the humidity and sights) and was allowed to leave. Praying that he'd get back alive, we found ourselves confronted by enemies on all sides! Smashing our way through, we were suddenly confronted by a golden beast, dripping with golden blood! We set up what I'd like to call "The Arkay Box" against a corner. The brave soldiers of Cove held off the beast while the archers stuck arrows in it and I fired of magical blasts. After a short, but furious fight, where the box had been broken once and most of us had been knocked to the floor, we finally succeeded!

I uncorked a vial and gathered up some of its golden liquid, keeping it as a little memento of the trip... Perhaps it has some magical properties? Who knows...

Moving back a bit, we headed back a bit. Guiding the squad back a bit, I had a look at the walls and some of the signs hidden to humans. Guiding us through the corridor, I saw some chests glinting in the distance. Leading the men and Chaffers into the chamber, we walked up to the chests. I got a few good tips from the rest of the crew on how to open things, but settled for my own. As I opened one...

and there wasn't even any treasure in them! Looking around the room, we found a pentagram...

... and eradicated it...

Warning the others of the place's wardens, I suggested getting out of the room, as the smell of burning blood and bones sometimes have lethal consequences. Suddenly, a dark creature charged at us from the dark!

After a very short fight, the beast was slewn and its jawbone stashed in my backpack, as a trophy for Cove.

Leading the men back, as I didn't want to meet the creatures golden cousin, we headed down a long hallway, killing a blood elemental and a few of the black daemons red cousins. We came to a little junction, and judging by the rest of the dungeons layout, I figured it had to be down one of the hallways... The dreaded mistress of this Hellish Keep was close at hand...

A woman of dazzling beauty (Jessica is still the most beautiful, mind) sped towards us, opening its arms as if to welcome us... and then reversed its stance and slashed out at us, blasting us with spells and claws! Swords cut, axes heaved, arrows nocked and spells were thrown and finally, as the dust calmed a bit, the Covians stood over the body of an alabaster skinned, weak-looking woman! Right enough with wings, but it was still so small, we could hardly fathom how it could be so powerful! Better watch out for Smedly then, he's even smaller!

We then headed back, gathering our breath at the Minoc moongate before me speeding the process up! The hunt was over!

Loot:17000 gold pieces
a treasure chest recovered from the golden blood elemental

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 05:21:56 pm »

Superb report! Keep them coming!

Jessica Hawkins
Citizen of Cove
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 06:17:04 pm »

*Sighs softly in relief*
Welcome back home m'dear..*Smiles*
I am pleased you didn't go alone..
Seems the Militia is really to some use and for that I thank you.

*Signed neatly*
Jessica Hawkins

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length