Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:54:47 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Recruit Trials: Estory and Grimsson
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recruit Trials: Estory and Grimsson  (Read 5905 times)
Gregor Eason
« on: January 24, 2005, 02:02:00 am »

Another successful Recruit Cadre pass out.

Now. Here are thy Trials.

Recruit Estory's Trials
* Defeat a Lich.
* Collect One Thousand Leather Pieces.
* Collect Ten Thousand Gold Pieces.
* Drop Baronship recruitment books at all Britannia moongates and major banks.
- Seek a scribe to professionally write them; they must include the Tome Address, the Militia, Covian Citizenship, and the Church.
* Collect Fifteen Tribal Berries (to keep for Miss Dellamona).

Recruit Grimsson's Trials
* Collect Ten Thousand Gold Pieces.
* Clean/polish every square inch of the Cove Barracks! (That's right!)
* Collect Two Thousand Bandages.
* Collect Five Orcish Masks.
* Create an Intelligence Report on Cove Orc Fort.
- For example; Paintings, Maps, Details on Orc Breeds, Strength of Numbers, Easy Entry Points.

Professional reports must be drafted on how ye went about completing these Trials; post them on this thread. Then, ye shall receive your Covian headdress caps at the next Promotions Parade.

Work hard!
Commander Eason
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 02:18:03 am by Gregor Eason » Logged
Gottfried of Yew
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 02:09:14 am »

Recruit Estory,

If you seek one who can Copy books, I shall be glad to help you. Send me a pidgeon at "211160814".

Gottfried son of Godfrey,
Squire of the Covian Church.

Gottfried Aberforth,
Templar of the †Covian Church†,
Loyal servant of the Baron.
Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 10:00:26 am »

Hmm does anyone have Estory's pidgeon number?

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Bors
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 01:08:39 pm »

Reading through the list of trials again Bors rubbed his forehead trying to stimulate some thought. Fighting Orcs day in day out had produced 1 orc mask, the gold was collected and the bandages were gathered. His skill as a warrior still wasn't enough to get into the Orc fort to make a thorough report and just the thought of cleaning the entire barracks made him feel sick.

"By Loki, what do these devious Orcs do with all their blasted masks!", muttering to himself as he searched the corpse of another dead orc. It would probably be some time before Bors's skill as a warrior would be sufficient enough to fulfill the final trials.

Trials completed:

- 10,000 gold has been collected#

- 2000 bandages have been gathered
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 04:00:12 pm by Bors » Logged
Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 02:49:07 pm »

(ooc) if you say hello on icq number 86994883 then send me any pics you want up ill stick em on my web space and send you the url's back

Julius Estory
Guest Of Cove

Standing 5'4" and going strong!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 02:22:42 pm »

Most certainly sir.

My Pidgeon Cage Number is: 7881633

*Blinks*
Never!! NEVER I say!!
To War!!!
Bors
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 05:08:34 pm »

Trial completed - Cleaning then entire Barracks!

It looked daunting at first!

But as I got stuck into it and broke it down into sections I found it more managable

Once the main part of the building was done, many hours had past and it was time to venture into the cell area. I doubt I will ever forget this experience...

After sweeping, mobbing, dusting and polishing every surface in the building I was read to collapse but the satisfaction of making this building look clean and respectable once again made it all worth while, or did it..

One more task awaited! I must now make a tactical report of the Orc Fort.
Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2005, 06:37:55 pm »

Outstanding job Recruit.

Keep it up!

The Baron's Adjutant.
Julius Estory
Guest Of Cove

Standing 5'4" and going strong!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2005, 01:03:54 pm »

Estorys Struggles:

Task 1:
Kill a Lich.

"Right... So a Lich is going down in the mud they say. Best make sure that happens"

This Julius thought to hiself as he headed to the graveyard close by Cove. He had heard rumours of a lich wandering here, commanding the undeads out of scavanger missions. This had to be stopped... Yewish guardsmen was one thing but a lich near Cove was unacceptable. After all the Yewish swamp crawlers was in Yew... Far away...
Anyway... He headed there and scouted in over the fence. At first he saw nothing but petty skelets and ghouls wandering like the brainless minions they were.
But then he saw the foul beast... Surrounded by worshipping skelets, cackling madly... The Lich... This ancient corrupted mage stood laughing at his own evilness.
Julius felt pity for this being, but quickly it changed into hatred.
He stood and adressed the Lich. "Ye foul being! Ye shall fall here!"

He quickly uttered the strongest incantations he knew and hurled the arcane powers at the surprised Lich who, even tho it was highly skilled in the arcane arts itself, fell in a blast of fire and smoke.

Task 2:
Collect One Thousand Leather Pieces.

“Leather eh...?”
Julius went to Minoc gate and in the forest surounding his.
He went hunting as they say... It had been some time since he had last hunted but he quickly got the hang of it.
Hours went by and more blood soaked his clothes for each hour passing...
But after a long day and night with only few breaks he had archived his goal. One thousand leather hides. Hey were heavy but he managed to get them dragged to the bank in Haven and stockpiled. He declared that they were to get picked up by the Covians and so he got a receit for stockpiling them which he was to hand over to the caravan leader picking them up.

Task 3 and 5:
Collect Ten Thousand Gold Pieces. Collect Ten Tribal Berries for Miss Dellamona

“Ten?!? Bugger that.... “
Well Julius thought he could combine this with the task for collecting berries for Miss Dellamona.
So he went to the Shrine of Compassion in Ilshenar and to the savage camp. He decided to make no quiet approach and stormed in, throwing spells in all directions... It worked...
The savages never saw what happened and fell quickly. Only some shamans were able to make a little resistance against the arcane forces unleashed.

And so berries was collected and the gold was piled up.
He had done it... Mission archived!

Task 4:
Place recruitment posters at all moongates in Britannia.

”Quite the task I’d say... Ah well I’ll make a poster and see if i can get a squire to make me some copies...”

Julius wrote a neat poster and went to search for a squire.
None was around so he had to find other methods...

And he just needed one last thing...

Place them. This was quickly done tho.

He looked over his work and smiled. He had done it after all...

Signed
Julius Estory

[OOC
Sorry for the large amount of piccies but I’m an addict to those Wink
/OOC]

*Blinks*
Never!! NEVER I say!!
To War!!!
Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2005, 01:09:58 pm »

Ah! Outstanding report Recruit!

One worthy of the Covian headdress.

The Baron's Adjutant.
Will Little
Rogue
Covian Citizen

"I also, have a cunning plan..."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2005, 04:58:45 pm »

*Studies the reports* Whoever recruited these two should be proud, I welcome them with open arms, as long as they don't touch my tunic, to Cove! You seem like excellent additions.

Bors
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 10:56:05 pm »

Intelligence report of the Orc Fort:

The Orc fort as we all know lies just south of Cove, if it wasn't for the mountain between the Fort and Cove itself we would probably be able to throw stones at the orcs from our walls!

The first part of the Fort to note is the watch towers that lie just beyond its entrance, they are high up and can see past the mountain and so a suprise attack from the land is almost impossible.

I used a mask of orcish kin to disguise myself. The foolish orcs didn't even realise I was still wearing my Covian uniform.

There are two entrances into the Orc Fort, one at the front and one at the back. The rest of the fort is surrounded by primitive wooden barricades, which maybe primitive but are robbust and high. This barricade is impassable and for the most part is built out onto the border of the island which stops you landing troops anywhere but the docks or out the front of the fort.

Both entrances are suprisingly lightly guarded, only a few guards out the front watching for invading forces and no guards on the dock. The main hive of orcs, and even some huge orc giants is at the centre of the fort. If forces are seen attacking the fort these orcs could easily swarm to either end of the fort to form quite a formidable force.

By my reckoning the best time and place to attack would be as dawn in the docks. The orcs often feast late into the night and an attack at day, dusk or night would only mean lots of ferocious orcs ready for battle, the later the worse almost! Early in the morning most are still sleeping off the previous night or too tired to be keeping a keen watch. That added to the fact they never guard their docks, or not very well at all, means it is the ideal strike point to entre the fort.

I hope this report satisfies what is required of the intelligence report of the Orc fort.

The last mask of Orcish kin is proving hard to get, but hopefully within the weekend I should have it and thus finished all my trials.

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2005, 11:11:05 pm »

Nice report. Keep it up recruit! Your on the way of earning that headdress

The Baron's Adjutant.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »