Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:45:36 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Report on the Mining Expedition
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report on the Mining Expedition  (Read 1623 times)
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2005, 03:24:26 pm »

Attendance:
Khaelieth, Trade Minister
Banedon, Governor
Henryk, miner from Deepwood
Urocus, recruit
Rupert Ridit, recruit
Dalien, ruddy old packhorse

Report:

Assembling outside the Town Hall, we set out to the Mountains of Avarice in search of gold. We quickly reached the mountains, not seeing a soul, and began extracting ore for me to analyze later. Banedon and Henryk quickly collected several different ores, these being copper of poor quality, copper of normal quality, bronze and shadow iron. Especially the shadow iron finds might be wise to delve into.

Leading the men to an abandon smithy, the recruits surprised us all by setting up a perimeter defence! The workers and I were rather astounded, as they continued fortifying the position. Then, trouble showed up...

Standing behind our makeshirt wall, about chest high, a man and a woman called to us from the other side. They were garbed as warriors and the woman had a very familiar voice. Pondering it, we greeted them and asked them about their business. They then chopped through the wall and attacked!

We fell quickly as they had a hidden drow ally that had snuck up on us from behind, hiding behind the wall! As I lay on the ground, picking myself up, the bandits refered to the woman as Mela... Mela, the little girl who lived in Cove a long time ago. Seemingly, she had fallen in with this band of ruffians and now was an outlaw!

Limping back to Cove, the others were free to go as I began to analyze the rocks for gold. And I am pleased to say, the ore did have traces of gold!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length