Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 12:42:32 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman's Trial: Hoagie - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman's Trial: Hoagie - COMPLETED  (Read 2420 times)
Gregor Eason
« on: November 22, 2005, 02:13:08 pm »

Eason cackled as he sent off the Watchman's Trial for Mr. Olchafa Serpent, and prepared for yet another Trial to be written.
"Watchman Hoagie, eh eh? Seems to have completed most of his duties as a Watchman.. Bit shy with a quill though. Think we'll set him about with some Recruitment."

Watchman's Trial: Hoagie
Addressed to Watchman Hoagie

Greetings Watchman Hoagie!
Ye have done well in getting this far with ye Militia career, and that coveted Covian Cap of the Junior Guardsman is within ye reach! Only a few final tasks must be done in order to see ye wearing the pride of the Baronship of Cove.
Commander Eason

Tasks
* Complete one leaflet Recruitment Tour of Britannia moongates, and banks.
* Organise and Construct a Recruitment Outpost in Britain at peak hours.
* Set up ANOTHER Recruitment Outpost outside a popular Dungeon of your choice.
* Produce a spiffing Recruitment Advertisement on the Baronship Of Cove, that will be of such high a quality that it may be posted on Wider Britannia Boards (i.e. Stratics).

Conditions
* Leaflet Recruitment Tour: http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,3241.0.html
* Recruitment Outposts must be set up for at least THIRTY minutes, and must include at least four other guardsmen (find ways of keeping them entertained).
* The Recruitment Advertisement must be posted in THIS thread, and then posted on the UO Europa Stratics Board.
* Alongside the Recruitment Advertisement, ALL aspects of this Trial must be well documented in this thread.

Good luck!

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 03:57:44 am by Gregor Eason » Logged
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 07:46:05 pm »

After yet another day, Hoagie scanned the boards for his trials

Phwaor! Finally! Leaflet tour, eh? Lets see...

I read the page on the tome of locations, and set about the major banks, placing the spiffy Covian Banner.. thing around each of them.

Hoagie checks his list...

Oki doke... seems I've got to do the moongates now...

He trotted off in the direction of Britain Moongate, travelling from place to place putting the posters everywhere there was space.

But, it seems the more artistic guilds beat me to some of the locations!

Flowery sissies!!

Well, I've put leaflets all over creation! Hard work for Cove that is! Time fer a well earned drink methinks...

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 09:07:43 pm »

*Reads the second task on the list*

Har!

I rounded up the survivors of what must have been a thrilling sentry, sent a few pigeons, and after a painfully long time, actually had enough people to set off.

Attendees:
Delcarakdur, Junior Guardsman
Kal Shadowhand, Regular Scout
Erik Arkay, Grenadier Sergeant
Cor'Ari Ta, Junior Scout
Marie le Blanc, Watchman
Talpa Europaea, Gardsman Recruit
Damas Wulfmaw, Guardsman Recruit.

We set off to Britain with the aid of Delc's runebook, and with more joining us when we arrived.

I gave a (Not so) brief briefing, and set out a rotation of shifts  for recruiting, so one person wasnt on the job for too long at once. While they were gone, I set up camp in the outpost, and piled up a stack of leaflets for the men to use.

After many changes of shifts, people coming and going, and one or two potention recruits, I decided to leave the post and mingle with the crowds, to try and convince a few to join myself.

We returned home after a job well done.

[OOC: So sorry that went so badly, if it was as much of a shambles as it felt like, I need a slap ;p]

*Signed*
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 04:49:21 pm »

Hail Thar!

Have ye considered doin' yer civil duty!?

No!?

Well, ye should look into a life in th'Baronship o' Cove! The Grandest militia o' them all!

With us ye can make untold riches, see the sights, and show that sod who called ye a fatty what ye' really made of!

We be in the middle o' a long an' gruelling campaign ter show them Yewish ninnies who's boss, and make sure Cove is one o' the dominant militias in Northern Britannia! We can always use more men to help us overwhelm them once and fer all!

Wreak havoc on the battlefield as a guard in the Militia.

Enjoy a commoners life being a crafter or business owner exporting your goods across the lands.

Get in touch with your more shady side and dive into the Underground smuggling, thieving and assassinating.....

The possibilities are endless!

Say it wimme...

Fer Cove!!!
(Click me)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 05:15:25 pm by Garand » Logged

*Signed*

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 08:25:42 pm »

Ah, grand! Another day, another tedious recruiting outpost!

*Checks list*

My choice, eh? Despise it is...

I rounded up those willing outside the barracks, and gave them a briefing over what was to be done. After a few delays, we set off via a handy gate provided by Ben Radau to the dungeon Despise.

Attendees:
Garak Nightchill, Guardsman Recruit
Ben Radau, Guardsman Recruit
Kal Shadowhand, Regular Scout
Draven, Guardsman Recruit
Athalus, Senior Scout
Malin, Guardsman Recruit
Karn, Guardsman Recruit

After we arrived, I lead them a little way into the cave, and set up base at the junction, where wandering adventurers would have no choice but to go through.

I ordered Kal to take Daven on a quick patrol around the area to check for nasties, and in no time at all we were sat quietly with only the ettins to try and browbeat into the ranks.

It was just getting boring, when a cloaked Undead came into the area. Regular Kal Shadowhand soon got the upper hand, attacking, as a scout does, and driving him into a far off corner, where he was trapped and defeated. As that was all the excitement some of the recruits could handle in one day, we returned home, and went about our usual duties.

*Signed*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length