Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:39:58 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Report: Grazgorns first day on duty!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report: Grazgorns first day on duty!  (Read 1733 times)
Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2005, 03:48:38 pm »

Attending:

Smedly Herbwood, peasant and holder of this event
Grazgorn, watchman
Thomas Sendrich, watchman
Drachir, Officer Cadet
Vince Valentine, junior grenadier
Kal Shadowhand, regular scout
Seamus, guardsman recruit
and some people just watching

My first day on duty, and what a day it was. Smedly Herbwood had arranged a little event for this day, and accidently, I happened to be nearby and attended. I didn't have a clue then what this contests outcome would be. It was the new "Covian Boom Box Competition".The rules were simple, there was a big amount of red boxes, some of them containing explosives, some of them empty. We were each given an axe. We would go one by one and hit the boxes and the one standing after a round had won and continued to the semi finals aetc. Only two contestans were allowed per round with one exception, which I will take up later in this report.

Here I am joking about my first day.

First off was me and Seamus, both rolling a pair of dices to decide who would start. And with the luck to score the highest I had the opportunity to choose who of the two of us would start, and so I forced Seamus to begin, with the hope he would blow himself up the first turn. But I would nay have such luck. Instead we both lived through round after round, until suddenly. BOOOOM!!! And Seamus lay still on the ground. I had won this round, and Seamus had received a terrible headache I can imagine, I was laughing at his misfortune anyways.

Both prepared to see who is the master of randomness... Or luck.

After hitting my first box, I am still alive.

Oh, the excitement when I realized I was still standing and Seamus was not

Next out was Kal Shadowhand and Thomas Sendrich. It went down quite fast for Kal, literally speaking. As he flew through the air and the smacking to the ground another wave of laughter was uttered from the crowd.

Poor Kal went in the first round.

After this little accident, Drachir and Vince Valentine, who was left, had to smash the boxes and unfortunately for Vince he breathed in as he smashed the wrong box. I can't imagine what the explosion could have done to his lungs... Or his face... Or... Well... I made another sketch of what it would look like here.

Vince taking his last breath...

To speed things up a bit, Herbwood let the three remaining contestants, me Drachir and Thomas had to deal with even more boxes at the same time. It went on and on and on. Where had he put the explosives? The thought echoed for every wild guess I took and hoped for not having my face blown up. And then suddenly, Thomas had chosen the wrong box and flew away and smashed to the ground. I keep thinking about it everyday now why we were laughing at the poor souls having to face an explosion to so close. I have not yet come up with a conclusion
of why.

We stand...

... we play...

... and we fall! At least some of us. *grins wickedly*

At first I didn't really understand, I thought two had to get blown up and leave one winner. But so was not the case. Instead Smedly prepared for one last round, me against Drachir.

Here I stand rather confused, I thought it was supposed to be one left by now

After a little while Smedly had prepared the last round, with quite the lot of boxes, and I bet it was even more explosives. With high paste me and Drachir destroyed box after box. It did not take long until Drachir struck the wrong box and he fell to the ground like the others had.

Me and Drachir preparing for the last round as Smedly prepares the round.

And finally Drachir hits the wrong box and leaves me the master of this game.

Ironically, on my first day, I had survived this game of randomness and received the
honorable title of "The Covian Boom Box Master" and the very first on too. I was also rewarded a prize-box containing a golden hatchet, and a sum of 10000 gold.

There I am receiving the price and the title of boom box master

But Smedly wasn't as happy as I was when he accidently blew himself unconcious when removing the boxes...

Here Smedly lies on the ground after a fatal mistake when removing the explosives

Anyhow, we who participated thank you Smedly for this event, and I thank you the most!

*chuckles*.

*signed* Grazgorn
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 03:50:28 pm by Grazgorn » Logged

Gregor Eason
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 04:38:57 pm »

Damn crazy Peasant; investing his time in such a game.
But a good game it seems!

Congratulations on ye achieving Boom Box Master, Watchman Grazgorn, and a bloody extensive Report!
Good show!

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length