Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 10:46:07 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A Scout Mission!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Scout Mission!  (Read 2983 times)
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2005, 10:37:17 pm »

*Erik Arkay sits in the Grenadier headquarter slowly puffing his weedpipe*

Britannia Guard.... *Puffs* Friendly... *Puffs* Royalists..... *Puffs*

*Erik jumps up and storms out*

I must find a scout at once!

*Eric runs towards the barracks and finds a junior scout there*

Oi! You there! Don't weasel away like a scout! I have use of your cowardly skills! Find yer Sergeant, explain that I want all information he can gather about the Britannia Guard! *Eyes the junior*

Well....NOW you weasily coward! Yer always good at running, now run around and find him, ye git!

*The junior scout retreats into the shadows and makes an obscene gesture from there*

Gah! Scouts! Too bad they are somewhat useful...

Task
* Obtain all information regarding the Britannia Guards

Conditions
* Find the current whereabouts of the Britannia Guards. I want a detailed description of their structures
* Observe trainings, patrols and other events of the Britannia Guards
* Seek out people in Trinsic, Britain and other locations incognito and find out what they've been up to. Be friendly, bribe or take hostages if you must.
* Try to infiltrate their ranks and learn about their current plans
* This task is valid for as long as it remains active. All scouts may attempt to pilfer as much information as possible.
* A detailed report must be added to this thread

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 08:41:52 am »

Har! That damn Chaffers best accept this! Anyway, seeing as the Sergeant 'forgot' to add some important details, Ill add them.

Tips on the Mission
- Remember to wear a disguise! Dont go showing off your Covian colours! Something to cover your face and a robe of some kind.

- If detected whilst in the shadows, do not hide straight away, it will make the people around you suspicious, walk off whistling and hide behind the nearest tree.

- If you feel like living dangerously and want to walk around without being in the shadows, remember to take your covian colours off (Bananda/Cap, Sash and Kilt) and cover your face. The last thing we want is for people to know we're from Cove.

- Annoy people. Yes! That's right! Make their lives hell! But only if they're enemies. Tap them on the shoulder and then run away and hide, its quite amusing.

Tweeso Pebble
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 12:34:39 pm »

*Mutters as he reads the post*

To gather information about a perhaps enemy of ours is a most important task. You're not supposed to be "amused" by annoying enemies but to gather as much as information as possible. Otherwise it's good that you give tips Drachir , but I hope our members got intelligence to not listen to all of them.

*Signed*
Scout Sergeant Valiro Gryphonclaw
Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 02:30:02 pm »

(ooc) bump(/ooc)

Cor Ari Ta
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 03:20:45 pm »

I was sitten at 'ome enjoyen a Goblet o' elven wine i 'ad gotted from Kal. I was thinken abou' 'ow noice et was ta finalleh ta ge' a break. The las' trainen session I took part en was nay simple one. I finished meh wine an' was abou' ta 'ead ou' ta 'unt some Connies fer meh dinner when Kal came en an' asked where i be goin'. I told 'im an' 'e said ta wait tha' 'e 'ad a immportant task fer meh. I put meh thin's down an' sat back down at the table and 'e started ta explain wha' et was 'e 'ad fer meh ta der.

I got up an' started gatheren awl meh thin's I needed ta take wit' meh an' then 'eaded ou' towards Britain. When I go' near the Britain bridge I took ta the shadows fer i nay wanted aneh one ta know i was that. i wal'ed aroun' untill over 'eard tha' the Britain Guards occupied the Skara, Yew, an' Britain CrossRoads. I then 'eaded ou' en tha' Dirrection wit'ou' aneh one knowen I was thar. I wal'ed fer miles when I foinalleh see up a 'ead the Cross Roads. I smiled and an picked up the pace being carefull nay ta come ou' o' the shadows. When I go' thar i wal'ed aroun' ta see ef aneh o' them Guards were abou'. Nay one was abou' tha' coul' be seen. After maken sure tha' et was safe I wal'ed up ta the firs' builden an' the sign read LB Store house.

I walked en an' the firs' floor was empty except fer the large trap door tha' was some 'ow locked, But thar was nay lock ta be seen. (Mmm mus' be magic) I say ta meh self. I then wen' up ta the next floor and et ter was empty. I woul
 vereh much loike ta see wha' be en tha' Trap Door.
After maken all the sketches needed I then 'eaded ou'.

I wal'ed ta the nex' builden an' et was nay far from the firs' one. I ge; thar and wal' en ta et.

I loo'ed aroun' maken awl the nessessareh sketches needed I then wal'ed ta the nex' floor tha' looked empty.
The nex' floor 'ad a room wit' some boo's loike wha' them mages carreh aroun' an' las' bu nay least the las' floor 'ad a smith shop.

I then lef' an' went ta the nex' builden, an' et was a realleh big one at tha'. I wal'ed up ta et an' wal'ed en.

The firs' room i wal'ed enta looked ta be a Great hall et 'ad a Lon' table wit' stools on each soide. I quickly made meh sketches before 'eaden ta the nex' level. On the nex' level et looked ta be where them guards go ta worship the Avatar. I quickleh jotted et down an' wen' on. I walked through maken awl the sketches needed when this awlfull smell slapped meh en the face. Et smelled loike dead nay one took aneh baths, even though the smell was awlful I 'ad ta check et ou', I follow the smell down ta the Cells, The cells Looked clean bu' the smell lingered abou' still. I quickleh go' ou' an' then made meh sketched as i remembered them.

After i finished I then 'eaded ta the las' builden i seen an' noticed tha' et was a bedin' 'ouse. Before I coul' approach an' go en I looked aroun' ta make sure nay one was abou'. Seein' tha' et was clear I wen' en an' et looked noice an' 'omely.

I looked aroun' fer a bit then made awl meh sketches and then left ta 'ead back ta report ta kal whe' I 'ave seen.

*Signed*
      Junior Scout: Cor'Ari Ta

(OOC) I did not mention Trinsic for when i approached them they named Tagged me and told me to go home that Cove is not welcomed to Trinsic)))

Gregor Eason
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 08:10:59 pm »

Good show, Junior Cor!

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Cor Ari Ta
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 08:58:49 pm »

Thank ye Ser I did try ta ge' more Intell bu' ef thart was someone aroun' I woul' 'ave beaten et ou' o' em ef they refused ta answer meh questions.

*Signed*
         Junior Scout: Cor'Ari Ta

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 10:43:37 pm »

Report: Scouting for Britannian Guards, 14th December

I started off in Britain where first of all I obtained additional disguises.  I wandered around Britain posing as Lord Pondleton Smedley.  I searched the city including the castle but to no avail.  I then headed for Trinsic, having changed into Folly the Happy Elf Jester and entered discreetly via the southern entrance.  I searched the Keg & Anchor tavern and the main gate but the place was almost deserted so I hid near the gate and waited.

I changed into more suitable clothes and kept to the shadows but still so no likely leads.  I changed back into Folly the Jester and eventually met some Trinsic Guards at the gate and asked about the Britannian Guards.  Many of those I spoke to indicated that the Guards had gone to Minoc.  I passed by the Trinsic entrance now and again in case the Guards visited or someone could give me a fresh lead.

I spoke to a few more citizens and even made 4,050 crowns for my jigging!  All leads seem to indicate Minoc as a good area to search. I made a brief search but will make a more thorough one later. 

Signed,

Garak Nightchill
Guardsman Recruit

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length