Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:45:40 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Raiden's Little Task
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Raiden's Little Task  (Read 1696 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2006, 07:15:09 pm »

*Raiden scribbles a report for the attention of Senior Grief*

It was late one night and I 'ad just left the tavern to er.. patrol our fair town, to keep it safe loike when I bumped into Senior Guardsman Grief.

"Just left yer gaff Sir." I said.

Grief said somethin' I couldn't just make it all out but I got the impression he wanted me to follow 'im. So I did.
We sat in the Hunters lodge and smoked a little from a pipe Erik 'ad left lyin' around, well he obviously didn't want it did he.

"Morana I's gottamishon feryo mon." Grief said at last, or at least that's what it sounded loike so I listened more.

It seems the former chruchie Odenetheus has got 'imself set up somewhere and Grief wanted me tay find out what 'e was up tay.

I took my orders and was startin' tay fell a little drowsy from the smoke so I left the lodge and 'eaded back to my place. When the cool fresh air 'it me I felt a little dizzy and think I may 'av been sick outside Delc's house but I can nay be sure all I know 'is when I reported fer duty the next day I looked as sickly as some o' 'em Scouts.

That day my duties done I attended a market and auction that was being held by our new friends in Vesper. To my surprise Odenetheus was there selling goods and tryin' tay pass 'imself off as a trader. I left Hoagie eyeing up some wenches and went over to make some discreet enquiries.

"Ah Raiden." He said "You still believe in the righteous ways of the Avatar don't you."
"Gah!" I said scornfully. "What are ye uptay nowadays churchie?"
"Why I'm a merchant Raiden. I'm at a market trading my wears. Surely you can see that?"

Well I could see it but I did nay believe it!
I eyed him and he looked smugly back. He turned to talk to Hoagie, who 'ad by this time been given the brush off by 'em wenches. Hmmm. I thought. I'll wipe tha' smug look of yer face.

It was the cold season and snow 'ad already fallen in Cove. Busy times fer a Grenadier. The tavern needed checkin' fer bandits, hunts, tavern checks, trainin', tavern patrols, gettin' my raise to Regular and celebratin' in the tavern. But I still managed to come by some more information regardin' our former churchie.

It turns out that 'e has set himself up in Jhelom or is it Nu'Jelm? I gets 'em mixed up. Anyway it seems Odenethues's 'Collegium' think of 'emselves as some sorta law givers, 'olders of trials and such! The beggar always did like handin' out punishments after confession and now he is at it again.

This Collegium also has a merchant branch said to be lookin' to forge trade links around the lands and I 'av heard tell of bodyguards, warriors and there are rumours of assassins... very unchurch loike I must say. It is truly amazin' what ye can learn in the taverns of the land. And on top of this I 'av come across a property in our Shire that appears to be owned by them! I 'as made a quick sketch of it below.

Anyway I 'av also seen a notice on the board in the barracks of an arms tournement hosted by Odenetheus and 'is mob so I might just sign up fer that and see if I can't 'av another little word with the churchie.

I hope the report is to yer satisfaction Sir.

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Regular Grenadier.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length