Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:23:12 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Collecting 10,000 Gold - Cleansing the Orcish Foe!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Collecting 10,000 Gold - Cleansing the Orcish Foe!  (Read 1306 times)
Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2006, 01:00:48 pm »

February 1st, 12:00pm GMT

I were wandering through Cove, thinking of ways to raise the Gold I needed as a Watchman. I came apon the new Highlander Building, south of the gates. As I wandered around, I felt a cold draft coming from the basement.
Down I went, and to my surprise I found a tunnel hewn into the rock. I lit up a torch and peered inside. There seemed to be naught dangerous, so I carried on through.
After taking some twists and turns, I finaly emerged in what I recognised to be the mountain north of the orc fort! Taking this as a sign, I made my way through the Highlander Archway, gearing up and preparing myself for battle.

Before I even reached the gates, a large brute came crashing through the trees towards me. I readied my mace and charged, hitting the beast at his legs. After what seemed like an eternity of well aimed strikes, the orcish monstrosity finaly came tumbling down. He had called out to a few of his orcish allies, whom I quickly dispatched before continuing.

As I made my way through the fort, I was set upon by a small band of orcs, furious at the death of one of their champions. I fought and slew them, but something felt wrong about the situation. There seemed to be far less than the usual orcish hoards roaming their home.
At that moment, I understood where they were. A great group of the beasts set upon me, mages, underlings, armoured fiends and bombers among them.
Many times I feared for my life, yet I emerged victorious, and began relieving the stinking corpses of their gold before tossing them onto the fire. I hoped the smell of rotting orcish flesh would send a clear message to those that remained.

Pushing forward I emerged onto the pier. A small group followed me there, and were quickly slain. However I did find another orcish brute. He roared at me and lashed out, but failed to reach, as he was caught under a large amount of wood and metal, that had seemingly fallen on him.
I did not intend to offer the creature my mercy, yet I too was unable to reach him with my weapon, and I had no choice but to leave him alive with the sight of his dead brethren around him.

As I continued to slay those orcs that remained, I noticed that some of the orcish explosives remained on the bodies of those who carried them. It was then that I decided to use their crude weapons of war against them. I raided their store rooms, hurling the explosives at crates and chests full of weapons, armor and supplies.

In the fire and chaos of the explosion, I made my escape. I could feel my purse heavy with the gold I had looted from their dirty bodies.
Yet as I reached the gates, I was confronted by a horrid sight. A large group of orcs had once again assembled, anticipating my escape and intending to ambush me as I fled.
But the fire of battle flowed in my veins, and I let not one of them stand as I slew them and left them to burn in the chaos I had left for them.

As I sat in the Stronghold, bandaging my wounds and counting my gold, I smiled to myself and ironicaly thanked the last group of orcs. They had unwittingly given me the last coins I required, giving me more than enough to complete my task.

A total of 11,417 gold for the coffers!

For Cove!

*signed*

-Geit Arma-

Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 04:16:53 pm »

Excellent! You have shown that you are capable of holding your own in battle! Considering joining the highlanders?

*signed*
Regular Highlander Delcarakdur

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length