Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 03:36:40 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A Sentry and Patrol [Report]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Sentry and Patrol [Report]  (Read 2030 times)
Jonas Ancroft
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2006, 07:25:52 pm »

Extracted from the daily journals of Jonas William Ancroft..
The 2nd of June, 356.

In an attempt to fill both mine and watchman Salidin's quota for promotion, self proclaimed combat champion and Junior Dragoon, Vincent Redfield, ordered us to accompany him in both a patrol of the graveyard, and the construction of a sentry post in Altmere. We were joined by a lively Watchman named Seamus. Vince marched us slowly towards the graveyard, which, to the surprise of everyone in the group, was severely packed, more so than usual. The various semi-transparent ghouls and ghosts rallied around the rotting corpse of a lich as their leader, whilst clattering skeletons and foul smelling zombies provided mere cannon fodder for our experienced weapons. We slowly battered our way through the mass of undead and approached the large stone crypt, whilst I observed the stone monument in the center of the room.

I had observed many crypts in the many graveyards I have visited, though this one was different, perhaps unique. Though the room was dusty, there was no trace of the usual spiderwebs, nor was there any sign that the undead inhabitants had disturbed the small room at all. Vince, Seamus and myself looked over the grave whilst Salidin guarded the doorway with his crossbow. I noticed that there was a thick layer of dust covering the slabs under which, I was told, the body of an old noble of you named Sanct Damien was buried. Remembering a rumour I had heard from an apprentice necromancer in the Barnacle Tavern of Minoc, that the dust taken from the grave of a famous person would have be more effective than the dust taken from the grave of an "ordinary man". I had always assumed that each man possessed his own amazing qualities, and that no person was ordinary. so there would be no different varieties of Grave dust, but I pocketed a vial-full in any case.

As we fought our way out of the graveyard once again, this time heading north towards the guardpost  in Altmere. Other than one or two gargantuan beasts such as ettins and ogres and the occasional giant spider, we encountered no oppressive force along the way. At last, as lunchtime approached, we had reached Altmere, and in turn, the outpost. The four of us, excluding Vince, had used our combined strength to haul several piles of fortification boxes across the countryside, which were now being slowly set up and reinforced with the animal hides of the local creature populace. A small barricade was set up around the perimeter and two chairs were placed in a shady place under a tree. Myself and my fellow watchmen took up our weapons and places at the entrances and started to keep watch.

After lunch and various conversations, our log book only showed the original construction of the outpost, and the purging of several wolves that had taken up residence inside the garrison. I was barely awake and starting to get bored, when the sun moved into its one o'clock shadow and a large stone structure appeared towards the north-east, near the mountains. Out of curiosity, I pretended I had spotted movement at the foot of the mountains and, as I had presumed, was given the immediate order to scout it out. Accompanied by Seamus, I approached the building slowly and inspected it. It immediately caught my interest, and I made a mental note of its location in co-ordination to the mountain should I wish to check back. We both returned to the sentry, which was packing up and ready to return to cove.

After a quick briefing we were dismissed from the barracks, I chipped some kindling from a nearby tree and headed off into. Another night amongst the local wildlife would be a relaxing experience.

Overview:

Vincent Redfield led myself, Salidin and Seamus on both a patrol of the shire and to a sentry in Altmere. For the benefit of our temporary administrators, I have included a link to Vincent Redfields profile, which requires one "led patrol" and one "led sentry" added to it, and also to Salidin's, Seamus's and my profile, all of which need one "attended patrol" and one "attended sentry" added to them respectively.
Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

........=IIII=........

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 12:54:33 pm »

Fantastic report, keep it up!

Also, i know how to do admin 

- Joey

Jonas Ancroft
Covian Guardsman