Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:14:34 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The spirits in ice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The spirits in ice  (Read 2438 times)
Daelin
Covian Legend

Yes my Baron... I serve you well! - Daelin

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2005, 02:46:52 pm »

*Ryan was sitting silently at the bar staring down at his ale with a blank look in his eyes*

Em nay believed meh… why wouldn‘t em believe me? I… I saw it with meh own eyes I did.

*Looking up while cleaning a dirty glass the bartender raised his left brow*

Ye alright there lad? I normaly can‘t get ye to shut up and now ye‘ve been staring down at that ale for more then thirty minutes mumbling to yerself.

*Looking up from his ale Ryan stared at the bartender for a good long time before lowering his head again and sighing deeply*

Even if I did tell ye… ye‘d probably nay believe meh anyway.. Its nay like any of em others believed meh.
I tell ye em all thought I was jokin‘! But ‘e was possessed! I saw it with meh own eyes! I swear that it ‘appened!

*Nodding slowly the bartender approached Ryan and leaned on the bar in front of him*

Well… how about ye tell me yer story and I‘ll make up me own mind and see if I believe ye eh? It can‘t be stranger then some of them other stories I hear around here.. I mean this one fellow said he burp up whole fishes! Spend twenty minutes burping at me bar he did.. But uhhh..  that’s another story so how about it lad? Care to tell me?

*Looking around Ryan signed and nodded faintly*

A..alroit then I‘ll tell ye but I‘m pretty sure ye‘ll nay believe what I have to tell ye.

Ye see it all started yesterday when we ‘ad to gather at the barracks since miss Donwin was planning some sort of mystery trip somewhere.
Well when we were all standing in front of em barracks she started to ’and out these ’ere fur cloaks and boots.. It seemed that we were ’eadin’ towards some cave located on an island made out of ice.. Did I ever tell ye I ’ate cold?! I mean.. bloodi ’ell the second we were there I was already freezin’ meh arse off.

Now that cold wasn‘t the worst thin‘ that ‘appened… the really crazy things started ‘appenin‘ when we entered that cave.
Everythin‘ was fine in the start.. There were a few deadies around but we ‘ad nay problem whackin‘ em and we really ‘ad a good time in there… until we came to this ‘ere meetin‘ room or somethin‘

*The bartender chuckled loudly and rubbed his bald head*

Meeting room eh?! Were the deadies having a tea party there or something? Ho Ho Ho!

*Ryan slammed his hand down on the bar and growled loudly at the bartender*

Ye think this ‘ere story be a joke?! I tell ye it was bloodi scary! I ‘ave ‘ad many scary things ‘appen in meh life but this one ‘ere probably beats em all!

As I was sayin‘ it all started goin‘ wron‘ when we entered that there meetin‘ room.. And nay there were nay deadies ‘oldin‘ a tea party.
The whole room was empty and everythin‘ was fine until the captain sat down on this ‘ere stone chair.. Nothing‘ ‘append in the start until ‘e jumped out of the chair screamin‘ like somebody stabbed a sword in ‘is arse.

Well it was nay a sword but there were snakes crawlin‘ out of ‘oles of the bottom of the chair! We all left that there room as quickly as we could but the captain suddenly stopped movin‘ after we left it.. Meh bein‘ the captains torch ‘older… well I was forced to stick around with ‘im while em others were goin‘ deeper into that there place.

I tried to wake the captain up but all ‘e did was just stare at meh like some mindless creature.. Well.. Lookin‘ back I wish he just kept doin‘ that because what ‘e did afterwards was a ‘ell of a lot worse!

*The bartender sniggered faintly and started rubbing the piece of cloth in his hand over the surface of the wooden bar*

Staring at ye like a mindless creature eh..? Reminds me of old bob is does! That old eijit but kept staring at me like some love drunk fool he did.. Uuhh… well who knows maybe yer captain just has a crush on ye eh..? Ho Ho Ho!

*Ryan narrows his eyed at the bartender and grumbled quietly*

Oh aye..? Would somebody who ‘ad a crush on meh try and cut meh ‘ead off with ‘is axe?
After a while ‘e started ramblin‘ about somethin‘ called a black wizard and how my punishment fer enterin‘ ‘is realm was death.. Well ‘e just threw himself at meh and tried to whack meh ‘e did!

Well thank the avatar I was able to ‘old ‘im off fer a while because ‘e suddenly changed back to normal.. And wouldn‘t ye believe it.. ‘e acted like nothin‘ ever ‘appened! And even after I told ‘im ‘e thought I was jokin‘

Well.. I already ‘ad a very bad feelin‘ about that there place but we just kept on goin‘ since the captain wanted to catch up with ‘is group… after around ten minutes of nothin‘ ‘appenin‘ I thought it was all over that the captain ‘ad turned back to normal.

But then all of the sudden this ‘ere creepy voice starts echoin‘ through em ‘alls tellin’ meh I would nay leave that there place alive.. Well if it was up to meh I would ’ave gotten meh arse out of there roit then! The that bloodi captain was actin’ like I was playin’ games with ’im! Well I sure as ’ell was nay laughin’ about it!

*The bartender shook his head and chuckled loudly*

Ahhh poor lad! Yer captain was probably trying to play a trick on ye! I mean back in my service days the always did something like that to scare the hell out of the new recruits.. Made you a man it did! Or so they said.

*Grumbling faintly Ryan shook his head*

That’s what I thought in the start as well… but more and more of em strange things started ‘appenin‘ there were voices comin‘ from all sorts of directions and this ‘ere whisper kept callin‘ in meh ‘ead that we were goin‘ to die a ‘orrible death if we were going to go any deeper.

Well.. I tried ignorin‘ em voices inside meh ‘ead fer as lon‘ as em kept on goin‘ but all of the sudden blood start flowin’ down em walls! Real blood I tell ye! And lots of it too!

I tried talkin‘ some sense into the captain and make ‘im leave that there place.. I mean the other group was about triple our size in men and I was nay plannin‘ on gettin‘ meself killed in that stinkin‘ frosty crypt!

But what do ye think that captain does..? ‘E just frowns at meh and tells meh to cut out the jokes! I swear I was goin‘ to grab meh axe and personally cut ‘is ‘ead off meself at that point! Lucky fer ‘im one of em other recruits walked in that moment because I tell ye I would ‘ave done it!

*Ryan took a deep breath and shook his head before continuing his story*

Well… we were about to go further into that there place but all of the sudden this ‘ere bright red light started showin‘ from under the captains ‘elmet.. Well.. I thought what any other common man would ‘ave thought.. ‘is ‘ead must ‘ave been on fire!
As soon as I told ‘im ‘is ‘ead was on fire ‘e pulled off ‘is ‘elmet and well.. Err… it was nay fire I tell ye but that was this ‘ere weird red light comin‘ from ‘is eyes and they were bleedin‘! bleedin‘ I tell ye!

*The bartender rubbed his chin and looked down at Ryan*

Bleeding eyes eh..? My brother in law had that once.. Too many carrots I tell ye! He was always eating them all day long and wouldn‘t ye know it.. One day he suddenly stabs himself in the eye with a carrot!

*Ryan stared blankly at the bartender for a while before nodding slowly*

R…roit… uhh.. Well em were nay carrots I tell ye.. Somethin‘ must ‘ave possessed ‘im because all of the sudden ’e was actin’ all strange like ’e did before!
He started to talk to meh in this ’ere creepy voice about ’ow ’e was goin’ to kill meh and meh captain… So I told ye! ’E was possessed! Why else would ’e want to finish ’imself off eh eh..?

Anyway… if ye thought them bleedin’ eyes were scary.. Ye should ’ave seen what ’appened next.. All of the sudden this ’ere bright white light came out from under ’is ’elmet and ’e tossed ’is axe towards meh!
It almost ’it meh in the ’ead too it did! But err… well I sort of blacked out after that… so uhmm… w.well.. Uhh.. Ahem!

*The bartender stared at Ryan for a while and smirked faintly*

Ye fainted eh lad..? Ho ho ho!

Don’t worry about it lad! It happened to everyone once in their life it does… and to ye it happened after yer captains head turned into a torch.

*Sighing heavily Ryan looked up at the widely grinning bartender*

’Is ‘ead nay turned into a torch ye eijit… It must ‘ave been some sort of wytchy light!

Anyway where was I again..? Uhh… oh aye.. I just woke up and the captain was lookin’ down at meh… but fer some reason ’e nay longer ’ad that there wytchy light.. ’e just kept on ramblin’ about meh bein’ a pansy and ’avin’ to find the group… up to this ’ere day I still nay know what the ’ell ’appened to ’im down there since after that ’e was back to normal… ’e nay tried to kill meh anymore or whatever… ’e just wanted us to go in deeper in that there place..

Well… I told ye the captain was back to normal but I still ’eard em voices! They were soundin’ really bloodi ’appy about the captains decision about goin’ deeper into that there place… but even after all meh pleadin’ that eijit still ordered us to go deeper into that there place.

I swear things were real down there… but after a while we ran into the group and em voices stopped completely.. I tried to tell everybody what the ‘ell ‘appened down there but nobody would even believe meh! Em just laughed and kept on walkin‘ like I was some sort of madman!

Well… At least Gimbly believed meh because I know what I saw was real! I just know it fer sure!

*The bartender stared down at Ryan and while nodding slowly he removed the ale bottle which was standing next to Ryan*
Uhh… I think ye had enough of this fer one day lad… a very nice story indeed but I be afraid I‘ll have to agree with them other folk.. Ye lost yer marbles lad! Now go home and get yerself some rest because ye look like a broken man.

*Sighing heavily Ryan stood up from his stool and walked towards the door*

Why won‘t they believe meh..? Nobody believes meh…
Tiolas
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 08:05:32 pm »

*narrows his eyes as he sits in the darkest corner of the tavern*...*mumbles to himselve as hes hearing the conversation rayan is having with the bartender* Bloody recruit, dont know when to shut up... *spits in his glas and takes his leave*

(OOC) Again a very very good report written dude! i enjoyed reading it as i unfortunatly had to leave early to study for economics exam, gotta teach me those writing skils one day!
Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

........=IIII=........

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 03:38:03 pm »

*Chuckles to himself at the end of the bar after listening to the story, shakes his head and pushes his bottle away, turns and walks out*

[OOC: Ace report mate, you keep that up and you'll make us all look bad !]

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length