Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 10:52:51 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Assignment: Raiden Morana
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Assignment: Raiden Morana  (Read 2018 times)
Military Command
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2006, 04:48:26 pm »

Greetings Senior Morana.

We assume you have noticed the condition that the army is currently in, recruits running around kicking juniors in the behinds, watchmen showing attitude to regulars and refusing orders. This cannot go on, normally something like this would fall into the hands of Hrothgar but obviously that isn't possible.

The assignment in all its simplicity, is to enforce discipline on the army both low ranks and high. Below is a list of ways you can enforce it but make sure there is no officer in the line up when you do these trainings.

Assignment Overview

*Select one Regular Guardsman or below to be publically whipped three lashes.
*Host one discipline training for Juniors and Recruits.
*Host one discipline training for Regular guardsmen.
*Post a detailed report with scetches below.

Good luck Senior.

RVR
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 09:09:47 pm »

Discipline Session For Recruits, Watchmen & Juniors.

Attended by:
Raiden, Senior Grenadier (leading)
Amy, Watchman (joined later)
Snudrud, Recruit (left part way through)
Del'Zar, Recruit
Flina Trix, Recruit
Shardak, Recruit

My mission was ter try and instill a little discipline into the lower ranks, not a good turnout and what a ramshackle bunch did manage ter drag themselves from their slumber!

First off kit inspection. None possessed a complete kit... missing bedrolls, torches and bandages which were replinished by Joey and myself. Uniforms and weapons too were in need of repair.

Not a good start and it was to only get worse.

Cove seemed to be the victim of freak weather conditions and my halberd seemed ter be attracting the lightening something shocking so i had to stow it.

Laps and push ups were handed out and I did my best to try and knock into the motley bunch the ideals of the army and the meaning of discipline but only regular training, constant patrols and latrine cleaning will do it!

Apprenticeships too... So they can learn from experienced guards.

I would need to speak to the Regulars... and next eve tha's just what i did.

*signed*

Raiden, Senior Grenadier.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 09:32:23 pm »

Discipline Session - Regular Guardsmen & Company Punishment

Attended by:
Raiden, Senior Grenadier (leading)
Mela, Officer Cadet
Gimbly, Regular Grenadier
Hoagie, Regular Dragoon
Kurt, Regular Guardsman

My aim was to impress upon our Regular Guardsmen that standards are slipping and that it was their duty to raise them once more.

Lower ranks have to be kept busy and kept in line. But what would keep them in line? The lash!

It was my grim duty, but duty nonetheless to flog one of the attending Guardsmen.

Kurt was picked at random and my former Highlander comrade was lashed three times as a warning to all that indiscipline will no longer be tolerated in the ranks!

Kurt taking his punishment like a man.

Kurt bloody and weary received a taste of Raiden's remedy... a bottle of rum! Half and half... half down his throat and half on his flayed back. That'll speed the recovery eh?

That task complete I continued to instruct the Regulars on their duties to take on apprentices, nip any misbehaviour in the bud and restore the Covian army's proud reputation lest we fall back into the days of a militia!

Get to it Regulars!

With Regulars briefed and examples made I dismissed the men and look forward to seeing standards raised or the lash will await!

*signed*

Raiden, Senior Grenadier.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 09:34:30 pm »

[ooc]sorry to add a ooc note but thanks to those who turned up - it maybe wasnt the best couple of days to host the events and i would have liked a few more to turn out but i hope those who did had fun[/ooc]

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length