Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 05:29:17 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  A warning
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A warning  (Read 1391 times)
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2006, 12:22:49 am »

As you all know the CoRE forums went down.  The Grd forums have also gone down recently.  I visited both the old (pre July) Grd forums and the new ones, and on immediately visiting both old and new, executable programs attempted to contact the internet, flagged up by my firewall.  These programs appeared on my C drive immediately after visiting both the old Grd forum and the new one. 

I attempted to visit a link leading to the new Grd forum a few minutes ago and my virus checker launched a warning re some trojan horses.   I'd advise avoiding the Grd forums in the meantime. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 12:34:06 am by Garak Nightchill » Logged
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 12:26:50 am »

Also, if you've recently visited any sites/forums which may have been compromised, it might be a good idea to ensure all firewall/virus checker/spyware checker programs are up to date.  And once you're happy your system is protected, change your UO password.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 12:34:32 am by Garak Nightchill » Logged
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 11:10:24 pm »

The Grd forums seem to be fine now for those interested in seeing what the Loyalist Oppressors get up to.
Locke DaOrt
Cuts Elves limbs off (Dell does too!)
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 11:03:31 am »

Fraid to tell you its a defense Mechanism, we grew tired of you covian swines stealing our secrets

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length