Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:41:24 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Report: Undead Activity - A report submitted to the Church and Military Command
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report: Undead Activity - A report submitted to the Church and Military Command  (Read 2268 times)
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2006, 08:54:24 pm »

When: Sunday, 15th October
Where: The Covian graveyard, the eastern road near Yew

Led by: Roland Dagorian, Templi Squire

Attended by:

Raiden Morana, Grenadier Corporal
Kal ShadowHand: Regular Scout
Kelly: Junior Scout
Conan Darkmoon: Junior Guardsman
Mikaela: Watchman

My Lord Preceptor,

Once again Avatar's Crusade against the Ophidians hath been foiled by a lack of Guardsmen willing to risk death and dismemberment in the name of Avatar.  Perchance the sight of one of their own burning on the pyre shall remotivate them and open their hearts and minds to Avatar's Good News of Eternal Salvation.  Mayhaps a later hour in the day shall prove more successful.  At the risk of casting false accusations towards the soldiers of Cove, I must voice my suspicions that some of them doth partake of the Guardian's brew, and that Avatar doth punish them for this with headaches, nausea and other such ailments.  I can but pray that they see the Light of Avatar's love and renounce such sordid pastimes. 

A few scant Guardsmen did attend, and knowing that the Guardian doth find work for idle hands, I led them on a patrol of the graveyard to smite the undead that dwelleth there.  With Avatar's benevolent smile upon us, we were successful.  I then led the Guardsmen on a patrol to the north, the eastern road our destination.  Upon the way we did encounter roving gangs of bandits and did put them to the sword most decisively.  Praise!

As we continued our patrol we encountered trolls, gargoyles, harpies, llamas and other such creatures of the Guardian.  We slew them all.  Scout Kelly did indicate her dismay at the slaying of the llamas, but this is understandable, as she is female and thus of gentler disposition.  I assure thee I shall keep an eye out for further signs of reluctance at the destruction of the Guardians's servants from this Scout. 

We rested for a time in the healer's compound near the desert of Compassion.  Guardsman Darkmoon was ordered to make ten laps of the building we occupied for unseemly bickering.  I felt Grenadier Corporal Morana was too gentle with this known blasphemer, ten lashes would have been more appropriate.  I must confess to nostalgia when remembering Sergeant Ahmed al Maktoum's days of visionary and pious leadership.  No heretic was spared his wrath, no deserting malingering elf left unmaimed.  But I digress. 

We continued our march along the eastern road smiting all servants of the Guardian that dared bar our way.  As we grew nearer the lands claimed by Yew, I sent the Light Company ahead to scout the way.  They reported back with disturbing news of a roadblock ahead, manned by the Undead!  Scout ShadowHand indicated that they outnumbered us.  Guardsman Darkmoon did ask of me that surely Avatar would help us smite the undead.  I am uncertain if his newfound piety was a sign of facetiousness or terror at the danger we would soon face. 

In the past he hath proved himself a doubter of Avatar's glory, and the Church's role in carrying out His will.  I voiced the disquieting thought that his earlier sins may cause Avatar to frown upon us, a judgement made more likely by the presence of Scout ShadowHand, another of Avatar's flock who doth stray with alarming regularity. 

Nevertheless, I elected to press on, and informed the Patrol of my plan.  None were to strike other than at my command or in the defence of themself or a fellow guard.  We soon encountered the roadblock near the borders of Yew and confronted the undead who manned it.  I reiterated thy demand that they return to their graves.  Instead they did make clear their reverence for the Guardian and thus left us with but one choice.  We charged, with the scouts attempting to take out the lich on the outpost roof.  Alas, Avatar frowned upon us and we were overwhelmed. 

Beaten and disheartened, we returned to Cove.  Alas, I must report that ShadowHand and Darkmoon did not have the decency to perish in the battle.  Next time, mayhaps.   

A short time after the battle I did encounter a wounded female in the healers building.  Guardsman Darkmoon did indicate he found her bleeding.  The female was revealed to be a barmaid from the tavern.  She seemed terrified and in shock, and did but scream.  Darkmoon doth feel it was linked to this Earth Serpent Fang heresy that I have not yet had the leisure to unmask.  The wench will most likely live, perchance her brush with death and eternal damnation shall spur her to employment more respectable than serving the Guardian's brew?  I shall pray such proves to be the case.   

'Tis my thought, my Lord Preceptor, that the heresy that doth plague the rank hath displeased Avatar.  I take the defeat as a sign that I must redouble my efforts to root out heresy.  All those suspected of such a thing shall be named, that thou canst determine their fate.  I shall compose a second copy of this message and send it to the Military Command as the Undead threat concerns us all.  Perchance they shall see Avatar's Truth and cast out the heretics? 

In Nomini Deus,

Roland Dagorian
Templi Squire

[OOC: This should be counted as two patrols]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 12:14:59 am by Garak Nightchill » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length