Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 02:07:46 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board
| | | |-+  Completed Citizen Tasks (Moderator: Raiden Morana)
| | | | |-+  Something to wet the whistler
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Something to wet the whistler  (Read 4783 times)
Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2006, 04:30:02 am »

Vince smacks his lips as he finishes the last of his ale..

"Ahh that hit the spot, but i crave something....more. Something exotic!"

The Task

Travel the lands of Sosaria, in an attempt to create an exciting new beverage for the tavern. It should be a fun, outrageous drink, with at least four ingredients from anywhere you wish to travel. Once you have collected your ingredients, allow them to brew in a sealed bottle, before presenting them to me for the old quality test.

Conditions

The drink you are to create should contain At least four ingredients.

Anywhere in the UO world is allowed (Excluding towns we are not allowed to enter without command approval) The more exotic, far away the ingredients, the better!

This is a purely RP task, so be creative. Some of the ingredients don't need to be 'collected' as such, for instance, some of the flowers in the lands can be clicked on to display a description, yet cannot be picked up.

A full documetation of how you gathered the ingredients and such should be posted beneath this notice.

Shillings will be awarded depending on report quality and how far afield you went to gather ingredients.

Guardsmen may be taken to protect you from the more dangerous locations.

This task may be completed once per character (Including alts)

Good luck citizens, make us a drink that'll rattle our caps eh?

*Signed*
            Vince Valentine
         Grenadier Sergeant

Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 11:07:37 pm »

First task in retirement... just had to be about alcohol...

I decided i would do this because the ales at our beloved tavern are getting quite boring.

I started out my journey hiking to the roads of sossaria... Not as easy as it looks.
Once i was on the road i realised i should check my equipment... This led me to have to return for some of the.. minor objects...

After a day waisted on equipment i finally got out there to look for ingredients.
I found a variety of ingredients, Mushrooms, herbs, exotic liquids and wonderful salts.

Having gathered the ingredients i sat in a secluded corner of the tavern brewing my new concoction.
I started mixing the ingredients and as the brew was finishing Mela walked in, after some questioning i allowed her to test my drink, she gave a positive feedback. And So My Brew Is Finished and shall be sold in All Major Taverns!!

*Signed*
Thomas Sendrich

Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 12:18:26 pm »

Ahh Sendrich, if anyone knows their booze, it's you

Good stuff Thomas, having tasted your brew, i conclude that it is indeed refreshing and thirst quenching, despite the frankly disgusting ingredients.

You managed to get it looking like ale too.....

60 shillings awards - Thomas Sendrich

Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 05:40:15 pm »

*Shifty eyes*

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 03:40:49 am »

Currently have a drinkin the making - Teagan

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 05:37:52 pm »

I have been so busy of late but I have had my eye on this task for a while and at last I have the time to have a crack at it!

How hard can it be!

I gathered the equipment - heating stand, bottle, mortar and pestle as well as Sallust's stuff and a range of ingrediants... Barley of course, apples, pears, water a little nightshade *shifty eyes* some fresh fish... i hear the Tokunese make a fine liquor using fish so why not! To complete the mix a little sulfurous ash and a dash from one of Raiden's potions to give it a bit of a kick!

Amon's home brew kit.

I sat at Sallust's table and got to work. The smell was repulsive, but you know what they say... if it tastes bad you know it'll be good for ye!

Phew!

All that is left is to give it a good shake... *BOOM*

Hmmm.... *mutters* To the tavern! *sticks a new label on the bottle*

*looks around*

There ye go Mister Valentine... All my own work! *shifty eyes* What do you think.

*signed flamboyantly*

Amon Jarl, Covian Citizen.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 07:12:00 pm »

A rather fruity selection of ingredients, which tasted just delightful!

Yours also kept the ale-like look Amon. I suppose once it's brewed, all booze looks similar eh?

*Nods a little and finishes his 'Amon Brew'

50 shillings awarded - Amon Jarl

*Signed*
       Vince Valentine
     Grenadier Sergeant

Teagan Grayner
Mop abuser of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

I touch the fire and it freezes me.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 09:28:45 pm »

Something to wet the whistler.

Ingredients list so far:
  • Daemons tongue
  • Water from Spirituality hot springs
  • Fairy mushrooms (highly hallucinogenic)
  • Fresh Lemons
  • Fresh Limes
  • Ice from dagger isle

First things first, I read over the other pairs reports and checked their ingredients, I think you'll find mine will be quite original compared to most. Don't be put of by any ingredients,  I can assure you it'll be healthy (as healthy as an alcoholic drink can be).

After sitting in the tavern with Hoagie for a while I decided on a list of ingredients, some of them dangerous to acquire; others less. But our first stop was the most dangerous you see, an old gypsy recipe is making some form of sweet with the tongue of a daemon. You puncture the tongue and bake it in a pan of water (after leaving it somewhere very cold to kill any germs). So our first stop was the demon temple.

Teagan faces her greatest challenge yet.

Was pretty scary, I ducked behind Hoagie as he single handedly killed the horrible beast! Not even my beautiful music can calm such a beast. After I'd sawed the tongue off the beast I definitely needed a new outfit so wrapping up the tongue we head towards Nujelm.
Was rather dark as we arrived in Nujelm but their all odd over there and the tailors were up ALL night.

Teagan gets clean!

After I got myself some fine looking clothes (I needed them quickly and well I can't make a full outfit that quick) we went looking around Nujelm to look for a lemon tree! Just our luck, just as the sun was raising we found one.

Finding Hoagie's kin!

But our adventure in sunny Nujelm was not over yet! We still needed fresh limes. Stuffing the lemons in my backpack we set off searching around the beautiful island for Limes. After hours of searching we finally found a large lime tree; the tree smelled really nice! So I picked a few Limes and we set off to our next location for the next ingredient.

Teagan being limed.

Next we took a stop to Spirituality hot springs, the cave is full of a strange aroma and mist though that didn't stop us as we pressed on to the main water load! Filling four empty bottles with the warm liquid we moved further into the cave.

Tea Filling bottles.

We came to a large area with two bits of swamp but the floor was absolutely COVERED in fairy fungus! Or mushrooms as we like to call them. Their a little bit dangerous if abused HOWEVER if used right (cut into small bits then blended in with the drink) they can add to the affects of Alcohol! I stowed the mushrooms in my favourite shroom basket.

Tea & the Shroom basket.

After we'd picked the mushrooms Hoagie needed a rest because it was apparently a hard day. So what chair better to rest in than the mushroom Kings chair?

Hoagie IS the mushroom King.

We had one more ingredient to collect for the evening and we needed to wrap up warm to retrieve it. Grabbing my cool box we headed towards Dagger isle! It was so cold and me and Hoagie could barely talk to each other. When finally we reached the icy cave I began to chisel away a large piece of ice for my drink!

C..c..c..collecting I..i..ice.

Now this wasn't the final ingredient there is more to come except we ain't collected it yet. I just thought I best get the first half of the report up here to let y'all know I'm working on it.

To Be Continued..

qom_riyadh
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 11:44:01 pm »

As a devoted connoisseur of ales of all kind, I'd like to share with you an old recipe, which was created by meh aunt, Brawne (as far as I remember, meh uncle lost his voice after tasting it, but meh's sure that was a coincidence).

Hmmm, how was that...

What you'll need
  • 1 urn of ashes
  • 2 heads of garlic
  • 2 ginseng root
  • 5 ltrs of water
  • 15oz powdered pig's hoof
  • 1 ltr of oil
  • 1/2 ltr of clothing dye (colour of your choice)

Now, carefully mix the ingredients. It hasn't be proven to create any dangers, but better don't stand too close with this stuff...

The urn is almost full

Let it stay for few hours... Also a little nap will be great...

Definitely something isn't going well...

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Out of way!!!

Aww, dammit! 'Twas close!

Hmmm, there's only one way left...

Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 08:15:42 am »

"Ahha, our Qom had a go eh? let's see what his tastes like"

Vince takes a large swig of the drink

"Not bad at all....Wait a minute, it tastes like Sendrichs.....and Amons come to think of it! No, no, it must be my imagination....

A lovely drop of booze that Qom. Some of the ingredients are a little strange to say the least, but they compliment each other nicely! Fine work indeed!

80 Shillings awarded - Qom Riyadh

Teagan Grayner
Mop abuser of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

I touch the fire and it freezes me.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 11:31:50 pm »

Something to wet the whistler

Ingredients collected this time:
  • Ostard Egg
  • Fresh milk
  • Large Diamond
  • Haven Lilly Seeds

When me and Hoagie both had some spare time we decided on gathering the rest of the ingredients for the greatest drink ever made! First we needed some sweet Haven Lilly Seeds so we headed over to Haven. Apparently we're hostile with them so Hoagie changed first. After ages of searching around in the pitch black dark for Lilly's we finally found some!

Teagan Picking flowers with Hoagie.

Next it was time to get the milk, by now the sun had finally risen! We head over to Jhelom farms for this..To my dismay the only cows there were crusty and OLD so me and Hoags had to request some more cows! This made me a little angry.

Don't anger a gre...red!

When we finally got the Cows we took them too an empty field with our buckets and began milking them! It was boring and really gross so I decided to squirt Hoagie using the udder.

Milk it!

After that it was time to get a giant diamond. The only place good for them that is close is the Orc dungeon! So me and Hoagie set off there. I fell many a'times though I got my revenge on this hound which bit my thigh.

Hound gets roasted.

As we traveled in deeper we met quite a few problems however eventually we got to where the gems were stashed. Not even my soothing music could calm down the huge brute which charged us as we entered the cave! After a while of battling though..Hoagie managed to beat it down. And then i got what we came for.

Woman's best friend.

Next we head to the lost lands Desert as we had to find an ostard egg to add to our drink! It took as a while but eventually we found a giant egg on a nest on a bit of mountain.

Tea climbing the mountain.

Now Hoagie had to keep fighting off some horrible giant scorpions so I had to climb the mountain and retrieve the egg. When I finally got it I jumped and landed on my arse! It really hurt but nevertheless, we had our last ingredient.. Next all I need to do is MAKE it.

To Be Continued...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length