Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 06:33:32 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  A necromancer/samurai: A myth or reality?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A necromancer/samurai: A myth or reality?  (Read 2842 times)
Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2007, 04:56:18 pm »

Hello all fellow covians!

I am going to be so blasphemous to open a thread here about my experimental character "the Deathblade". It all began with UOstratics lame forum "you are not allowed to open new threads, you are not allowed to reply". So much for making a login there!

Anyhow this is what the template looks like:

Swords
Tactics
Parry
Necromancy
Spirit Speak
Focus
Bushido

Now, what I noticed by excelling in the skills is that bushido seems like a waste of skillpoints. 'cuz I can't really determine how efficient the bushido moves are! So if anyone knows of a reason to keep bushido, please do reply!

If I were to exchange bushido for something else the question is for what? I have been thinking of meditation to further increase mana regen, or should I add the skill resists. Do you have any advice or any suggestions at all please do reply!

And without a stat scroll how should I distribute my stat points to be both a good fighter and necromancer? Finally, should I remove any other skill and replace it by another? I thought of changing from swords to fencing, or keep swords? Remove parrying adding poison? The options are many!

And note this character is meant to be used for roleplaying!

So thanks in advance to the many replies of advice that you all will write Wink
/ Grazgorn

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 07:26:07 pm »

If he's supposed to be PK'ing in Felly, you've got no chance. You don't have resist spells.
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 07:29:41 pm »

He said roleplayer I think Smiley

Which doesn't matter....I'm going to assume it's not a BoC character since he has Necromancy....In which case you should die a grizzly death and be hung by your balls!

In case you survive the above treatment....Just make a straightup Parry/Macer (with Chivalry if you must) and pwn away. Trust me, it's all you need...Tweak with it all you like but any man that has a parrymacer and needs more tweaking to fight is worthy of laughter Smiley

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 07:47:57 pm »

Ah, yes. But I'd seriously consider resist spells. I've taken down people with bla bla bla in skills, but not a point used on resist spells. I almost always beat them, cause I need to flamestrikes, give or take. I might need to show mercy by using an energy bolt at the end.

Though I don't think you'll have enough mana to use necromancy AND boo-shito. It could work with fencing instead and swap focus for meditation and carry refresh pots.
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 08:44:59 pm »

He said roleplayer I think Smiley

Which doesn't matter....I'm going to assume it's not a BoC character since he has Necromancy....In which case you should die a grizzly death and be hung by your balls!

In case you survive the above treatment....Just make a straightup Parry/Macer (with Chivalry if you must) and pwn away. Trust me, it's all you need...Tweak with it all you like but any man that has a parrymacer and needs more tweaking to fight is worthy of laughter Smiley

I didn't know bushido was allowed.

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Averion
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 10:22:54 pm »

Pvp wise, poopy. Magic resist is key when fighting dexxers. Plus, if you really wanan crack some heads ya need like 100 med for mana regen. I duuno, sort it out Smiley
Moraine DiGoraz
Banned for excessive profanity.
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

Unlike cool Covians I am banned for being an idiot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 01:20:50 am »

I have made a hybrid character

110 swordsmanship
110 meditation
110 necromancy
100 bushido
100 resisting spells
100 spiritspeak
90 poisoning
720 total, if you can have only 700 then lose 10 poisoning and 10 spiritspeak

80str, 80dex, 80int
Elf char = +20 mana = 100 mana

Necromancy -> Vampiric embrace
means poison immunity up to lvl4 and the equivalent of 80 focus
additionally you have life steal (which is not really worth it because of the lack of anatomy/tactics)

Fighting tactics :
- start with blood oath
blood oath means people take the same damage they deliver to you, but it's both damage compared to resists (so 100 physical damage may to 60 damage to you if you have 40 physical resist but 30 damage to the attacker if he has 70 physical resist, still every bit counts).
- follow up with corpse skin
this lowers poison resist by up to 20 points, allowing your poison hits and spells to do 20% more damage, works like a charm with poison strike!
- strangle/bleed/poison all disrupt spellcasting and healing and if you use shuriken then both strangle and poison can be inflicted from a distance
- mindrot effectively increases the mana cost of special moves and spells of your opponent, depending on his ability to resist spells

Damage over time attacks mean you can pull out to heal as you cannot be interrupted while doing this (this is your weakness). A well-timed combo of Confidence + Spiritspeak can heal up to 65 damage in less than 4 seconds, but you must stay clear of your enemy while doing this.

The problem with this template though is that you have tonnes and tonnes of macros. You need to memorize them and be able to activate the right macro at the right time, needless to say this requires quite some concentration when fighting. When you do maximize your macros though then this template is unbeatable in one vs one combat. Ecspecially mages are made short work of easily!

Another problem is that as soon as you have more than one attacker or you are in a group fight, you are screwed. Seeing as you cannot cross-heal and must have some distance between you and your opponent in order to succesfully heal, the strength of this template is really in one vs one battles and tournaments.

Having tested this template, I can say it's immensely powerful, but unless you use clever tactics, it's a bugger to play with. Also, invisibility potions are your best friend!!

So to answer your question : Reality, albeit a bit warped Wink

Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 12:42:40 pm »

But really that skill confidence isn't as good as you could think it is... IT claims to get life and stamina back for every block once activated... I noticed the life goes up at first but it isn't very much life per block really. And for the stamina haven't really checked...

So bushido altogether seems quite unnecessary since lightning attack (which kick ass) isn't allowed in the rpworld. But Kazuo, you might have more advice on how to use bushido effectively, if possible at all Wink

I've added resist spells, read on how to raise it as a mage, but got any other tips or tricks there, cause I am a necromancer and can't do the way mages do.

And for vampiric embrace, it isn't allowed in rp-parts either so lets forget about that one too shall we Smiley

Also my characther is without a stat scroll, so I've locked strength at 80, my mana is currently at 65 (and I am not an elf) the rest is for dex I think... Until I can come up with something better.

And if I'm going to listen to Erik I should exchange swords for macing... Then I got a powerful character that can take anyone, and with some tweaking I am unbeatable? Wink

Anyhow let's have some advice on ol' Grazgorn. Noticed I got beat seriously by dragoons (heavy armour mace/parry). I guess with my kind of armour they got my head on a silverplate. But I thought I'd ask away about him anyways. He might need improvement!

So this is what Grazgorn's template looks like:
Swords        110
Lumberjack  100
Anatomy      110
Tactics          110
Focus            100
Chivalry         65
Healing          100 (soon)

And his stats were:

But I am redistributing those stat points to:

I think that is more clever. Also, got any good ways to fight in, I use hatchet for speed and battle axe for special moves... Any advice on how to improve my fighting strategies? I think taking out a mages(harder than archers since I don't have resist spells) and archers is quite easy using this template. But against someone with a shield... heck! So any advice on that would be welcome!

Averion
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 05:11:41 pm »

That Hybrid necro/swords aint that good. SS is too low and necro could be raised to 115 for dmg gain. You guys need to pvp for a year or summit Wink Maybe i can get you into UCH Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length