Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:45:52 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  To Tokuno! Why? To gather information on the jade monkey!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: To Tokuno! Why? To gather information on the jade monkey!  (Read 2926 times)
Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2007, 09:22:24 am »

Guardsmen attending:

Hoagie Grayner           Captain
Vince Valentine            Grenadier Sergeant  (Leading)
Raiden Morana            Grenadier Corporal
Hrothgar                      Corporal
Tiberius                        Senior Guardsman
Delc                              Regular Guardsman
Flina Trix                       Junior Dragoon
Eve                               Watchman
Max o'Munpain              Watchman
Yue Yan                         Watchman
Sir John                         Guardsman Recruit

The story So far
On a mission to Tokuno, Vince and his brave group of Covians discover word of a map, hidden in the dojo of the lethal but deadly fan dancers. This map would supposedly lead them to a powerful artifact, known only as 'The Jade Monkey'.
Curious, they make haste there, and head within. Sure enough, Regular scout Kal Shadowhand discovers a torn piece of map, which leads to an unused old Tokunese mine. Unsused that is, except for the dangerous cult members who have made it their hideaway. The fearless Covians assault the vile place, finally recovering the Jade Monkey. It's powers are a mystery, so Vince leads the guardsmen to Tokuno, in an attempt to dig up some information on the mysterious statue....

This mission would require alot of swagger and a healty dose of Covian charm. You see, the tokunese are very protective of their tomes, and would never hand them over to a band of guardsman that they don't even know. We'd have to 'borrow'
a few of their scriptures if we were to learn anything of this jade monkey...

Luckily for us, Watchman Yue Yan is native to these lands, and acted as our guide.
We made our way into the town, where a couple of our chaps attempted to make the locals feel at ease by speaking in their language....Sort of....

The Covian charm sparkles like a gem in the moonlight

Our first stop was a humble looking building, which Yue Yan told us housed much jade. A fine place to start we thought, and entered. We found a bookshelf stuffed with many tomes, and one named 'Famous jade Statues' Caught our eye.
Regular Tiberius distracted the shopkeep, and we stowed it...

That's some fine distracting Tib!

Next up, Yue Yan led us to a jewellry makers, where we found our next book. I attempted to charm the lady there, in an attempt to distract her, but that didn't go exactly to plan...
Anywho, our third and final stop was to be the grand imperial building. Home of an immense library, we were sure we'd find something of help there!
John immediatly saw a scroll of interest, and expertly aquired it...

Sneaky, sneaky, catchy monkey eh John?

We looked around the first floor for some time, before heading to the second floor, where the library did wait for us...
We quickly began examining the vast bookshelves, popping any books which looked to be of use into our packs...

What?! We're going to bring them back, I swear!

That's the way Tib, nice and discreet

At this point, Delc showed me a book that sounded like just what we were searching for. We'd gathered a good supply of reading material, no doubt filled with information on our Monkey of Jade. We'd been in the town for a fair while now, and decided we'd best head out before we attracted too much attention. Some of our guardsmen were getting a little edgy as it was....

Steady on man!

Our mission a success, I assembled the men outside, where I asked Yue Yan to take the books and handle the translation, before dismissing the Guardsmen.
A fine job all round, good work Guardsmen, who said we couldn't be subtle and discreet eh?

*Signed*
        Vince Valentine
      Grenadier Sergeant

Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 10:05:30 am »

Another grand Covian victory! I think we blended in perfectly.

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 10:07:48 am »

Hmm. There's something fishy about tha' place... The food especially!

But aye, another victory for Covian culture I say!

Ohh. Vince here's that book I swiped. It's been down meh kilt all night... I nearly forgot about it.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Corporal.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

userjosh5368
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 09:09:20 pm »

Sound like a good old mystery what the hell is a jade Monkey anyway some evil thing like the mongbat' Ha! Good show lads and lasses! Keep yer minds straight!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length