Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:45:27 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Tough as Nails - Training with Demarian
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tough as Nails - Training with Demarian  (Read 2181 times)
Regdar Le Faye
Everybody loves Regdar!!!..... Right?
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Drunk AND Clumsy - watch out for fumbled swords.

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2007, 11:27:46 pm »

Tough as Nails - Training with Demarian

Lead by:

Demarian Tel'var, Senior Guardsman.

Attended by:

Regdar, Junior Guardsman
Sharlee, Guardsman Recruit
Delcarakdur, Junior Guardsman
Dalamar, Junior Scout
Max O'Munpain, Watchman
Perrin, Guardsman Recruit
Henry Dreat, Guardsman Recruit

This was a nice easy training. No, wait, it wasn't. In fact, this report is late because of that; I had giant blisters on my hands!
Senior Demarian lined everyone up, eyeing them all with a stone gaze. Scanning the line, he pointed to me, telling me that I was to do the report, and that he was expecting it the following day (at the latest).

Demarian told us to tug and pull our armour off for the first training section - Healing. Being beat and whipped by the wind, this gave us ever more reason to huddle and form, as Demarian ordered.
Standing around, waiting to be hit, the Guardsmen readied their bandages. Demarian then let lose at the front, before moving to the center of our formation, and swinging wildly in a circular motion.
There were a few minor flaws in the timing of some, but over all, it was successful, as no one was to be knocked unconcious.

Demarian, pleased with our work, informed us every man and woman present deserved a reward. Of course, as was expected by most, this "reward" was more gurelling labour in the form of physical exercise.
All Guardsmen had to run five laps, pausing each time to drop down and execute five press-ups. A most hardy of tasks, indeed.

Sweat dripping down everyone's faces, we were further ordered, this time a forced march down to the Cove docks.
Once there, all were made to get into the water and swim, regardless of their abilities. I have to admit, I am not a strong swimmer, and I did not do quite too well on this task. Though, a lot of the others seemed all too keen to get there hair wet.

Clambering out of the water, before donning our armour, Demarian moved on to show us our next task. This involved grabbing the wooden bars, or ropes, and lowering your self half way into the water, then back up again.
This is, in my opinion, the hardest and best way to build strength. I grew tired after only a few, but I kept going (as did all the guardsmen) untill Demarian caleld a halt.

The cold metal wasn't to last for long, as once more we were forced to remove it all, before being marched down to the mountains near the Orc Fort. Dem lined us up and made us start to climb the mountains around us.

Sadly, I can't climb very well either, but I still tried (after being persuaded by Dem setting my kilt alight). I scuttled up the mountain, like a mouse does for cheese, and looked down to Demarian, before across the mountainside to my fellow Guardsmen.

The sceneray was quite magnificent, I must say, but it was broken by Demarian yelling upwards to get everyone back down.
Once down, we were told we would march into the Orc Fort, unarmed except for a shield and a weapon. Not the easiest task (without a helmet the stench gets foul) but with good healing and nose pegs, we marched deep into the Fort, killing all that stood before us.

The only real challenge was the large ones, Brutes or something like that. I said real, but in actual fact it was just slightly harder, meaning it hit harder... A lot harder. This caused quite a fair amount of damage to most present, but good healing kept us concious, and alive.

Demerian, nodding in approval, told the guards to force march back to the barracks, where he lined us up before dismissing those still present.

Over all, a great training. I feel stronger and fitter after just one of those. I'm sure all will agree, more can only do us better in crushing the enemies of Cove!

*Signed*
Junior Guardsman,
Regdar
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 11:46:17 pm by Regdar » Logged
userjosh5368
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 12:05:49 am »

Excellent report and yes a few more session like that and Vesper and yew will fall like little girls!

Signed
Demarian Tel'var
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 10:56:59 am »

Aye a fine report Regdar and well done Demarian, thats what the army needs - vigorous exercise!

Nothing quite like it (well except the odd flogging) for keeping discipline in the ranks.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Corporal.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Smudrud
Covian Citizen

I came, I saw, I ran away!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 06:44:17 pm »

Luckily Sadly me's couldnt make it to that hellike lovely training

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length