Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 07:22:50 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Cove and Vesper: Training
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cove and Vesper: Training  (Read 1253 times)
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2007, 03:23:59 am »

Cove and Vesper: Training

Led by: Mela Arkay.

Covians attending:
Erik Arkay (Senior Guardsman)
Gimbly (Regular Grenadier)
Faden Wildheart (Watchman)
Dalamar (Regular Scout)
Marcus (Watchman)
Brandy Arrowsnap (Guardsman Recruit)
Hoagie (Dragoon Sergeant)
Jake Just (Guardsman Recruit)
Lucas Gabriel (Guardsman Recruit)

If I had caught all the Vesperian's names, I'd have listed them all. But I only got a few, which were:

Lyonya Davion (Assisted Mrs Arkay in leading the training session)
Draxen Davion
Olk Samsca
Geronimo
Escaflowne

There were double that amount, but I fail to remember all of their names. Anyway, we started off by splitting into two teams. I captained one, and a Vesperian captained the other. Getting into teams took a considerable and quite a disgraceful amount of time. Apologies for that, Mela. Anyway, I obviously picked the best team, because I judged by size and shape of bow and hair styles. And the red robed fools won the first task (Red robed were us), which was a simple healing task, which turned out to not be as simple as we had hoped. I think this is due to the fact that there were so many of us. But then again, there are always a lot of us in abttle, and we need to learn how to deal with such things. For the healing task, my team used the tactic of hiding to confuse/baffle the "enemy" as they charged to a supposedly non-existant opponent. This worked for a short while, but after a while, our healing of other members of our team revealed us. The healing exercise was not one of our best, and needs a lot of improvement, but it went as what we COULD call sufficiently alright.

We then got into new teams, where Erik Arkay led one team and another Vesperian lead the other. We were to complete an exercise that was called something or another to do with "Flags". It was basically a ball that we had to get from one side of the bank to the other (near the alchemists shop around the back), without losing all your team members in the process. The team I was in, lead by the Vesperian, was pretty shabby at this exercise. The other team however, lead by Mr Arkay, did a grand job and beat us both times in this exercise. I think most of the team I was in lost their concentration by referring to the "flag" as "ball(s)"... This, they seemed to find quite amusing, as shown in some of the paintings above. At one point, someone STOLE our balls, just before the second match. The other team did very well in this exercise as I said, and ours well.. Needed to learn to actually work in a team. At the end of these two exercises, we lined up, and us Covians discovered that the Vesperians have a tendancy to talk a lot in line. This seemed to anger Mrs Arkay slightly, as it would anyone.

To finish off, we all lined up near the bank and were dismissed by Mrs Arkay. This training session was very well planned by Mrs Arkay and she did an exceedingly good job at leading us all to do the right things, as there were a LOT of us. Our first training as new allies with the Vesperians was successful, and no silly brawls or abuse was hurled at anyone.

Signed: Kelly Sanderson, Regular Scout

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length