Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:50:46 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board
| | | |-+  Completed Citizen Tasks (Moderator: Raiden Morana)
| | | | |-+  Till The Fields
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Till The Fields  (Read 3436 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 26, 2007, 10:59:03 am »

The Task.

Time to work the fields Covians.

Go to the Covian fields and check on the crops. Harvest what you can to see us through the winter.

You may also wish to tend to the orchard picking the fruits from it's boughs.

Conditions.

Can only be done once per character
This is a role-play task.

Reward.

Shillings will be awarded on the creativity used and the quality of the report.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 11:39:23 am »

*Delsa looked at the task notice board. She scanned it up and down.
"Aah! Its early in the morning, I'm sure harvestin' won't be a hard job at all!" She thought to herself.*

...Oh how wrong she was...

I'd never seen so many vegetables! Orange ones, green ones, grey ones, red ones. So many!
I didn't let this halt my task, however. I got to work and started picking those vegetables!

I did also check the Orchards for some apples. However, there wern't many to be found, and I was so busy climbing trees to search for them, I had no time to sketch.

I managed to collect a grand total of:
 - 33 Carrots
 - 32 Onions
 - 11 Pumkins
 - 33 Cabbage heads
 - 36 Lettuce heads
 - 21 Apples

I have left the fruit + vegetables outside Regular Scout Drachir's house in a neatly rapped, ice white gift box. You may have to talk to him about retrieving them!

*signed* D. Wineblotch

Delsa Wineblotch, Commoner Of Cove

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 11:58:59 am »

Ah good work Miss Wineblotch!

65 Shillings Awarded - Delsa Wineblotch.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 01:27:34 pm »

Tilling the fields b'fore winter

Oh! So much work to be done b'fore winter sets in and snow covers the ground!

Thankfully I was not on my own, Mr Marcus Tel'var was at my service!  We began in the Orchard where fruit had already began to fall... I climbed the trees, and dropped the fruit onto his head into the basket that Marcus held below!  He was very gentleman like, taking the trouble not to look up my skirt and to tell me so!

Darkness fell rapidly around us by the time we had filled the baskets with peaches and apples.  We set to work on the fields, following a bite to eat.  Marcus set about harvesting the carrots, cleverly using the point of his sword to remove them!  I wondered all too late if the sword had been cleaned following battle!  The night was half gone by the time we had collected the carrots, onions, cabbages, lettuce, squash and ginger!

But the work did not stop there... With the fields now cleared, I needed to acquire manure in order to feed the soil.  Marcus led me to the stables, where I had the good fortune of stepping in finding enough manure!  It offended Marcus' nose greatly, but he did so kindly assist me in carrying it back to the fields, where I raked it in, and he kicked it about!  It was about this time that we saw father Garnier, who seemed most pleased that guardsmen had other uses besides drinking alcohol!

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 01:55:34 pm by Axiana » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 01:33:08 pm »

*Raiden reads the report and sniffs a little*

Can you lot smell something? Smells like.... *coughs*

*Wrinkles his nose and pulls a face*

Good job Miss Masteen!

65 Shillings Awarded - Axiana

Farfar
Danger to Sobreity
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Cuddly little drunkard.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 01:02:30 am »

Well, as i  was sitting in my best chair sobering up I felt an urge that i hadn't felt in a long time, so i took a beer and was satisfied, until my stomage began to growl in me in a most unsatisfactory way. I had to get something to eat!
   So i heard the covian stores was empty, and Carlotta refused to serve me beacause of the last inci... She was out of food as well...
   What the heck! I've bended me back before!

So i tilled the fields a bit, and went to the tavern to have myself a well deserved beer. Carlotta shaked her head. I went outside and picked some flowers and went in again, smiling, i approached her and gave her the flowers. She opened a beer, to my great joy and comfort, took my flowers and put the flowers inside the bottle. She stared at me, and i went out...
   Luckily, I stole... Found..one bottle of beer near the covian store, and took myself a break, zipping the newly found beer...
   After a while, i went back to check on the field and...

I began digging up the carrots, for the store and halfstarving covian citizens, and make my way towards the store, when i remembered...

What a dissappointment...

Oh well, all things turned up well anyhow...

Collected vegetables

35 carrots
1 empty bottle o' beer

*Signed in thick handwriting*

Farfar.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 01:08:40 am by Farfar » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 07:05:23 am »

Hmmm... An "empty" bottle?

Must be the fertilizer.

65 Shillings Awarded - Farfar

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length