Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 06:20:16 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Faden Wildheart's Parade Drill Class
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Faden Wildheart's Parade Drill Class  (Read 1800 times)
Jakob Stoke
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

I am not a marsupial.

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2007, 11:22:34 pm »

*A report submitted in triplicate, two-hole punched, stamped, dated, signed, and laced with a Covian ribbon.*

A Report of Watchman Faden Wildheart's Drill Instruction
By Jakob D'Stoke, Guardsman Recruit.

Warchman Faden Wildheart did undertake the laborious task of educating us recruits on Parade Drill orders.  Attending were Guardsman Recruit Zoie Hayden, Dragoon Sergeant Hoagie, and myself.

Watchman Wildheart stressed the importance of learning proper Drill orders so as to avoid looking silly and embarrassing Cove and our Baron.  Certainly we are to avoid looking like these Yewish militia depicted below:

Instead we were to form up in good fashion and perfect various drill orders.

First we were told about sounding off.  Sounding off does not mean to start babbling or yelling out insults, but instead means to speak out one's rank and name clearly starting off from the commanding guardsman right.

Then we were given the order to "Number Off", which simply meant to say out a number in ascending and sequential order starting off from the right of the commanding guardsman. I was number three, so I think I may go to Vesper and buy a lottery ticket with that number.

We learned the order "Parade Arms." When the commanding guardsman calls out Parade Arms, we are to arm ourselves with the halberd. Unfortunately, I am yet too skinny to bear the halberd properly.

We were given basic Drill orders such as Parade Turn Left, Parade Turn Right, Parade About Face, Parade Face Front, and Parade Hold Arms.  These were pretty self explanatory. Hardest part was remembering which way was right or left. I put a small pebble in my right hand to help me remember.

This report is respectfully submitted for the record.

For Cove! For the Baron!

- Guardsman Recruit Jakob D'Stoke

El obispo de Constantinopla se quiere desconstantinopolizar. El desconstantinopolizador que le desconstantinopolice Buen desconstantinopolizador será!
Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 11:40:26 pm »

Wonderfully written recruit. I know you will go far from what I have seen.

The painting of the Yewish militia was perfect! and sure made me chuckle.

Keep up the great work!

Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 05:23:18 am »

(OOC: Haha!)

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Tyrael
Diciplined Soldier
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

The Baron's Own

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 06:10:21 am »

OOC: I do have to agree that is quite good!  I just wonder where people find these pics to do this.. goodle doesn't cut it for me.. unless thats what the result was for Yew Militia :OOC
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length