Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:54:30 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Like Music to my Gears
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Like Music to my Gears  (Read 1556 times)
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2007, 04:25:39 pm »

Lead by:
Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant

Attended:
Teagan Trix, Head Barmaid
Gabriel Drachen, Guardsman Recruit
Perrin, Watchman

Turning the dial on the music box, Teagan Trix commented to Hoagie, "We have quite a lot of songs now... I want more!" She promptly charged out of the door, shouting to all guardsman in the area that they had work to do. Hoagie stood in the tavern, slightly confused. He certainly didn't want her to go anywhere dangerous, but he knew she'd made up her mind. He didn't have a choice.

Lining the available guardsmen up at the barracks, Teagan kitted out in a spare set of recruit armour, Hoagie pondered his options. The only place he knew where to get music gears from were Golems. Tapping his chin, he pondered.

"To Humility!"

Hoagie had heard of a large jungle east of Humility moongate, inhabited by great machines and dragon riding warriors. Charging through the jungle, he listened for the unimistakable grinding of gears.

Finally slowing to a walk, the made their way through, hacking at branches and weeds to clear a path for themselves. Before long, they ran into a juka warrior. Making the worst mistake possible, charging a bunch of Covians, he was quickly brought down to the ground. It was then that they heard the shriek of metal on metal, and the thundering of footsteps as a Golem closed in on them.

Dodging it's slow but powerful swings, they finally knocked it down, but a search for any musical gears proved fruitless. They continued through the woods, felling anything that looked at them the wrong way, until Gabriel called out. "I think I see a cave!". "Mmm," Hoagie replied. "There has to be golems in there!"

They walked into the Cave, and peered around, their eyes adjusting to the darkness. It turned out, it wasn't a cave at all. It was clear something had been living there for quite some time, and whatever it was, it hadn't been alive for a long, long time.

The halls seemed endless and winding, and as they proceeded through, the number and ability of the undead inhabitants only seemed to increase. Teagan, clearly getting too excited, kept running ahead, despite multiple requests from Hoagie. Turning a corner, they heard the laugh. The unmistakable laugh of the Lich.

"FORM!" called Hoagie, the men readying their weapons to bring the lich down. Seeing the gore soaked ankh at the other side of the room, Teagan let out a shrill scream and bolted for the door. Charging after her, the soldiers stumbled out into the large clearing. The undead seemed to stay away from this area, as it was full of centuars and a grand Serpentine Dragon.

Managing to calm her down, Hoagie decided that it would be best to head for the exit and make their way home. Gabriel, being a scout recruit, used his talents to report the east exit as being safe, so that way they went. Bursting out of the cave, and thankful to see the sky again, they eyed the road in front of them. It seemed to be clear!

They reached the end of the path, and entered the Juka City of Mistas. With the moongate practically in sight, they ran through the open ground, until they reached the other side of the city. Killing the last few beasts, they forced it to the moongate, and back home again.

Hoagie arrived at the barracks panting. It had been a hunt that lasted the best part of the evening, and he couldn't help feeling as if he'd forgotten something at some point.

"CRAP! Music gears!"
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 04:46:00 pm by Hoagie » Logged

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 06:09:18 pm »

Ha, I see some Covian Swagger. -

Scout Sergeant,
Mela.E.Arkay.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »