Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:43:32 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  An Expedition to Seek Out Pirates! [Report]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: An Expedition to Seek Out Pirates! [Report]  (Read 1496 times)
Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2007, 08:13:41 pm »

Tuesday 7th August, 9pm GMT

Attending:

Arma Renox, Commodore
Flina Trix, Junior Dragoon
Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
Kal Shadowhand, Church Servant
Edmund Rufus, Junior Scout
Ihiniar Tel'var, Watchman

Following several recent incidents involving pirates, including my own abduction, I decided that it would be prudent to gather intelligence on our enemy.

Using what little I could recall from my own abduction, I drew up some rough maps, gathered some guardsmen, and set sail for Buccaneer's Den!

When we arrived, I instructed my "crew" to change into a disguise, and for the Scouts to fall in behind us in the shadows. We were to attempt to infiltrate the town, and gather as much information on the pirates as possible.

The townsfolk would nay even look us in the eye, so instilled with fear by the pirates that they would not dare say a word to a stranger.

We ventured into the jungle in search of the scoundrels themselves; both myself and Hoagie (disguised as our "pirate captain") had some idea of their location.

We found a few ships along the shore, although none were identifiable as pirate vessels; indeed, they may even have been stolen ships from innocent sailors!

We eventually came across some small stone buildings, and inside a man introduced himself as Norman Blackblad, and offered us a drink.

As we explored the small structure, we stumbled across a large cannon on it's roof! A few cannon balls lay nearby, but most alarming of all, a black flag with a white skull and crossbones: the mark of Pirates!

We hastily made our retreat.

However, as we were leaving, "Captain" Hoagie decided to knock off the Pirate's hat! A chase ensued, but fortunately our Scout backup incapacitated him, and we were able to make our escape.

The journey back was mostly uneventful; save for Watchman Tel'var sneaking overboard whilst I was checking the rudder, and almost getting left behind! Kal threw him a "floatation device", which in turn dragged up a Kraken and a Sea Serpent from the depths of the ocean!

Yet our intelligence is clear; there are Pirates in Buc's Den, they have ships, and large coastal weaponry. Could their cannons be loaded onto their vessels? Could Cove be at risk?

Hopefully this report will allow us to safeguard ourselves against their threat.

Signed,

Arma Renox
Commodore

qom_riyadh
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 10:28:53 pm »

Nay good! Very! I say let's send our fine Grenadiers there! Surely the place needs some "cleaning-up"...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length