Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:47:48 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Introducing: Arnolfo Zothobby
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Introducing: Arnolfo Zothobby  (Read 1872 times)
qom_riyadh
« on: August 20, 2007, 05:01:02 pm »

A loud knocking interrupted the calm summer evening.

- Come, doo...

Without waiting till the end of invitation, a strange men opened the door and entered Qom's apartment. Before closing the door, he glanced around nearby area, apparently checking if no-one was after him.

- For thoze who don't know me, I am Arnolfo Zothobby. You muzt be mizter Qom, right?
 - Y....
 - Good, good. I have been zearching for you for zome time now. Zome of my friendz from Vezper told me about the auction which haz been held here in Cove, wazn't it?
 - Well, ind.....
 - Good, good. I would like to offer you my help, mizter Qom. I am Arnolfo Zothobby, Auctioneer. - said the man, uncontrollably blinking his left eye.

After a surprising moment of silence, when the man stopped talking with his usual speed of a moderate hurricane, Qom had a chance to think of what he have just heard.
 - Auctioneer? In Cove? What for?
 - To hozt auctionz, mizter Qom! - Everytime he was talking, he was blinking his left eye.
 - But, this was the first auction we had here. As far as I remember, at least. I don't know, or I'm not sure even, if we need an Auctioneer.
 - Oh, mizter Qom, mizter Qom! Auctionz are not that eazy! Have you heard of the zealed-bid zecond price auctionz? Or all-pay auctionz? Or highest unique bid auctionz?
 - No, bu....
 - Or even inverted auctionz? More, have you heard, mizter Qom, of zilent auctionz? Not to mention rezerve auctionz? Yez, I am Arnolfo Zothobby, I am an Auctioneer! I can help!
 - Still I don't think tha...
 - Oh pleaze, mizter Qom! Just one auction! You won't regret thiz! - the man was still blinking his eye. The left one.
 - Okay, okay, calm down pleaze. I mean, please. - Arnolfo stopped talking.

He glanced around Qom's room, noticed a cup of water on the table. Qom haven't had even a slightest chance to say anything when Zothobby asked "May I?" and grabbed the drink, emptying it two huge swallows.
Qom looked at his uncommon guest. It was a bearded, half-bald man, about his sixties, maybe a bit more. He was wearing simple, yet very elegant clothes. And from time to time, he kept blinking his left eye.

- Where are you from, mister...
 - Arnolfo Zothobby, professional Auctioneer!
 - I know, I know. Where are you from?
 - It iz not important. I'm an Auctioneer, a professional one! Yez.
 - Erm, how do you imagine hosting an auction when nobody knows anything about you?
 - Well, az uzual, of courze! I zhow an item for zale, dezcribe it, and people ztart the bidding... - His blinking eye was beginning to drive Qom crazy
 - No, I mean how do you expect them to trust you and give you their belongings?
 - Juzt like that! They come to me, and zay "I want to zell thiz." (left eye blinking)

Qom sighed deeply. Seeing that he won't go anywhere this way, he decided to take  the risky decision.

- Let's make a deal. Maybe I will regret this, but I'll allow you to host the next auction, ...
 - Oh yez! Good, good, mizter Qom! An auction! By mizter Arnolfo Zothobby, Auctioneer!
 - Please! But if you want to have a chance to host another, you will have to tell me who the hell are you, okay?
 - Yez, yez, mizter Qom. But thiz iz not important! Yez, auction! I have been a hozt of many of them! In Britain! In Zkara! In Den! Yez, you won't regret thiz! Zo, when will be the auction held? I muzt prepare the itemz! Talk to people! Azk for pricez! When? Oh when?
 - Relax, it will be held soon. I still have few items for sale from the last one. I will let you know, meet me h...
 - Good, good, mizter Qom! I will come here in three dayz to azk you!

Qom just nodded. The man - still blinking his left eye - said "Good bye" and left the room. Riyadh wasn't quite happy that he agreed so easily. Still, he didn't know anything about the man.

- Well, let's give our scouts something to do. Let them, hmm, gather some informations about him - said Qom to himself nodding, feeling a weird willingness to blink his left eye...

[OOC]Just some short evening writing, to let ya all know where from came the weird blinking man which will host the auctions in Cove Tongue[/OOC]
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 09:25:38 am »

(OOC: haha! I loved it. Crazy eye interupting Qom.  Cheesy)

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length