Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 06:04:38 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Weapons & Tactics Training
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Weapons & Tactics Training  (Read 1314 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 23, 2007, 05:48:08 pm »

Training Led By: Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Attended By:
Tyrael, Junior Grenadier.
Ihiniar Tel'var, Junior Grenadier.
Falconheart, Junior Grenadier.
Marcus, Watchman.
Belorion, Guardsman Recruit.
Bardicous, Guardsman Recruit.
Thomas Scarr, Guardsman Recruit.

With my students comfy on their benches i went through the pros, cons and tactics for and against various types warrior. Whether they be armed with sword, axe, bow, mace, kryss and... Shield?

First up we discussed axers! We discovered that these fellas are pretty deadly if they are allowed space and time to run about choosing their targets. But that they are less useful in a close fight as they nay have as much room to swing their weapon and a lack of a shield means they are vulnerable from counterattacks.

Next we discussed swordsmen. Especially combined with good shield work these warriors can be deadly. Probably the best tactic against these types is ter knock the weapon from their hands. If armed with short stabbing swords they can be useful in a close fight but most swordsmen prefer longer blades and as such they too need to be mobile.

Bowmen! A bloody nuisance I say! Keepin' yer pinned down from distance. If well trained into organised groups such as the Baron's Own Grenadiers they can be an awesome fighting force. How to combat 'em? Get into 'em! Disrupt their formation and bring 'em down.

Fencers... Usually lightly armoured sneaky types dealing poison with their flashing blades. A fencer can strike two or three times afore an axer has finished his swing! The Grenadiers have a good tactic for these swines! Flush 'em out with conflag, then beat 'em down.

Macers! Har! The best close range fighters there is. The macer will wear down his opponent, breaking shields, weapons and bones. Probably the best defensive fighters especially combined with good shield work.

Surprisingly for some, yer shield can be used as a weapon, something I learned in the Highlanders. Even smaller shields such as the buckler and wooden shields can be used as projectiles, while heavy shields along with brute strength can be used to damage yer foes.

As a couple of recruit mages had joined the session we had a final word on how to deal with them on the battlefield. Simple get into 'em! Get close and knock their bloody block off, or make 'em bleed, that'll stop 'em meditatin' eh?

*Grins*

Well done everyone who took part in answering questions and hopefully you can apply these tactics in combat.

*Signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

[ooc]Thanks to everyone for taking part. I hope you enjoyed a more RP training concentrating on RL tactics as well as those influenced by game mechanics.[/ooc]

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length