Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:10:49 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Report] Conquest through Steel, to Fire
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Report] Conquest through Steel, to Fire  (Read 1722 times)
Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

"Parade, Parade Attention!"

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2007, 12:51:29 am »

LEAD

Corporal Valentine, Kelly

ATTENDING

Cadet Carcer, Graem
Scout ShadowHand, Kal
Guardsman Perrin
Watchman Trent, Jon

-=-=-

Lifting my head off the book I was reading late last night, I walked upstairs to hear what the noise was. Two scouts, the Corporal and former church servant were discussing an errand given to the army by one of the Covian citizens who had a vested interest in a certain type of fire beetle that could only be found in the majestic lands of Tokuno. Apparently, the breed was being wiped out, and we were to venture down the dark depths of a mine to find out whether or not this news was true.

Soon enough we were joined by a Guardsman and a Watchman and were well on our way to the moongate until it dawned upon us; we had no idea where to find this mine-shaft.

After a quick chat with locals, we obtained a map where they kindly marked the location and entrusted ShadowHand with leading us to it. It definately looked like the kind of place a citizen would ask us to go; the entrance was teeming with monsters litterally coming out of the mountain-face. Inside was worse, as an army of strange goblin-folk seemed to hold the mines under strict control and were more than hesistant to let us through. It took us a good half-hour of straight fighting to battle our way half-way down the shaft, though that's when the crook-wielding foes started appearing, casting their dark arts all around us.

Seeing any further plight as futile, and most likely leading us all to certain death, we made a tactical withdrawl from the cave and returned home. Perhaps in the coming days, given there are enough Guardsmen about, I shall lead a counter-attack and finish the errand.

*Signed*

- Graem Carcer, Officer Cadet.

-=-=-

« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:56:20 pm by Graem Carcer » Logged
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 07:55:46 am »

The Grenadier Captain reads the report nodding slowly to himself.

Ah yes, I know those mines well.

There's a big bleedin' goblin warboss with an axe I want hidin' in there somewhere.

*mutters*

Good work Corp' considering ye had little in the way of heavy infantry on the mission.

Well done.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 06:56:01 pm »

A grand report, Cadet. And you all did some bloody good shootin', too! And well done to Kal, the only metal-wielder.

Shame we couldn't find if the rumours were true. Nay got far enough into the mines.

*Signed*
Kelly Valentine, Scout Corporal.

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length