Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 06:17:21 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Life or Death Training
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Life or Death Training  (Read 1338 times)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« on: December 24, 2007, 05:06:52 am »

Lone hunt to the deeps of Despise!

Of late  was realizing that my skills were far below most others with a blade. I miss far too often and only manage the most meager of cuts when I do connect. I want to be a Dragoon someday, but I'll never be one if I can't hold my own in a fight. I set out to prove my worth and force myself to learn... or die in the effort.

Tempered not by fear but practicality I chose a location where I could fight that which I was familiar. I chose to face the Ettins of Despise! My skill with a bandage and salve gave me confidence as did my solemn prayers to Avatar. Though I Will admit I had confessed my most recent sins and had left a Last Will on the administration desk before my departure. I was well aware that I might die, alone, never to be found or given a proper burial, my shade to wander the dungeons forever!

I made the Ankh upon my forehead with ash from the fire and then, using a trinket I have finally come to use if grudgingly, transported myself to the mouth of the dungeon. I soon realized I was in the wrong place and had to bounce about winding up with a good case of nausea and feeling as if my spirit had been stretched thin. It was as though I had left some deep piece of me behind... 

Finally arriving I spoke one last prayer, downed one of the black potions that imbue the gift of sight and plunged onward, unsure of my fate! The first encounter went well as I got him from behind but the others were to prove a struggle for survival as I dodged, parried, and absorbed the blows lain upon me. I fought like this for hours, retreating to some dark corner to close my wound, eat a little, renew my prayers and then would plunge at them again. For hours upon hours I fought this way, learning the enemy, finding his weaknesses. On and on I fought, plundering their stolen goods as I went. Finally loaded down and nearly too exhausted to carry on. I chose that I must leave.

I arrived safely if not tired, ragged, and bruised back in Cove. I collected 11,500 which I shall donate to the Dragoon coffers, the gems and jewelry I shall keep for myself. I feel I have learned much from this, I am now more confident in my abilities both to destroy the enemies of Cove and to survive and ensure that my fellow soldiers survive! A grand victory if I must say so! Off for Tea at the Goblin! Huzzah!

{OOC: Got no sketches but I really did gain a lot. About 2.0% in swords/tact/anat/healing/parry plus the money  Grin  Used over 200 bandages too Tongue Hmm oooo new title!   }

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 11:01:44 am »

Good report recruit, though a few drawin's would be nice.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

[ooc]A screenie or two would have been fantatsic mate Wink[/ooc]

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length