Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:37:04 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Sentry Under Siege
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sentry Under Siege  (Read 1611 times)
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2008, 05:04:49 pm »

Lead by:
Raiden Morana, Grenadier Captain

Attending:
Hoagie, Sergeant
Drachir, Regular Scout
Justice Forum, Watchman
Gerald, Guardsman Recruit

In defence of Cove town against the recent rising of orcs and undead, Captain Morana organised a sentry outside of the town gates. Upon arrival, I volunteered to stay and make crates while the others gathered resources to make them with. The logs and hides were piling in, and I set about making the crates. There was a heavy thud from behind as that smug git Drachir plonked down a set of much larger, better constructed crates behind me. Not to be shown up, I set about using them to construct a strong fortification, and it was soon manned.

The sentry was passing uneventfully until a single undead appeared before us. It demanded my soul in exchange for the safety of the rest of the guardsmen. I wasn't sure about what Raiden would Of course, a Covian would never surrender the life of another, and we soon sent him packing. Moments later the deadite returned... with friends! We launched into battle, our formation standing strong against them, though sadly the scout, being trapped outside, fell, though not without doing enough so that we could easily knock two of theirs. With some tactical fire by the undead and orcs, the two recruits fell, and the fight broke out of the sentry. It was a brave fight, and we made it difficult for them, but eventually we were overrun.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner,
Sergeant.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 06:53:43 pm »

Aye we held firm for as long as we could before the hail of bolts from orcish crossbowmen won the day.

We gave as good as we got though. Well done to the brave guardsmen who defended the post.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length